Vivid OS UI Double Din first impressions

• HA2202-Vivid10-CP-HD: I really like this unit and features for value is amazing.   My unit arrived within a week of ordering and was well packaged.  Here are a few initial observations with the caveat that some of my issues may be addressed with feedback in the forum questions that I have open as well as ensuring I am current on software and firmware. 

Pros:  

• Vivid UI:  Once you learn the gestures, menues and setting locations, its fairly easy to navigate and snappy performance.
    • Digital Sound: The radio is great and when paired up with the new speakers I installed to replace the factory speakers, the sound is fantastic, even without a sub and amp.  
    • User manual rear chassis view and the harness diagram was very helpful. Although there was no installation manual included in the packaging, I was able to match the provided universal harness wire colors perfectly with the harness on my 1997 4runner.   

Cons:

• No installation manual.   No doc on how to adjust the display mounting system. (I figured it out by observation).   
    • User manual was for the pre-VIVID OS.  While many of the menues and settings and config UI dialogs were same/similar, I had to figure out the main home dashboard gestures/features by youtube reviews and experimentation. 
    • GPS not getting a singal  (forum post pending an answer from Dasaita).  There is an inspectors certification ticket that shows the unit passed navigation testing so I hope it is something simple to get working on my end. 
    • Some UI functions are ambiguous.  The user manual identifies an app called File Manager but VIVID has only an app for File Browser.   The home screen map/seach does not seem to function.  Pending new software release of VIVID OS?   Is there a theme for Dark/Light/Auto?  I know I set it once but then changed the car version/year setting and now can't seem to find it.  

Bottom line:  I really like the unit and the new VIVID OS has lots of potential and is a good value.  I am hoping that it gets that polish to tie in some gaps on the home UI.  The touch screen is responsive and the OS is pretty fast.  Zlink can take a bit of time when first setting up a phone but once a phone(s) is set up, establishing the apple CarPlay (Zlink) is snappy when booting up the unit Cold or Hot boot. 

Thanks Dasaita!  Your product help me update my old war horse 4runner so that it has a modern entertainment system and tools. 

• @Alan Austin I bought this wonderful Dasaita vivid 13.3 inch double din universal headunit just 6 days ago. It took only 4 days from China 🇨🇳 to Germany 🇩🇪 delivered. This an amazing and awesome product. Installed in my Nissan Qashqai J10 Tekna Automatic June 2012. Everything worked 100%. 360-degree view camera works, SWC and Navigation system works, Bose sound with subwoofer works and USB and AUXILIARY alls works amazingly. All plug and play. 

• I thank Dasaita for this amazing Vivid OS and the universal headunit 13,3inch. Amazingly.😍👍🏿💖

• @Alan Austin If figured out how to manipulate the onboard memory as well as USBs thru the File Browser tool.   Clicking on the box(es) in the righmost colum of a list of files allows you to copy, paste, delete actions.  

I also figured out the finger swipes on the home split screen and how to get into 3 way split and back to 2 as well as list views, album cover lists views etc.  Man, is this UI powerful.  Lots of ways to navigate around without beeing stuck in a predetermined linear flow.  Very nice work, developers! 

I think my initial frustrations were that I did not have a VIVID UI manual to assist with describing the powerful gesture actions that are not obvios without a UI target object/icon to touch.   

The more I play with and learn this head unit, the more I am dazzled!

• @Alan Austin Hi Alan👍🏿good work Bro. Please can you show snapshots how to navigate with 2 oder 3 way split? Keep it up Bro. The Dasaita Vivid 13.3inch is amazing but still a lot to learn.

• @Olufemi Savage Howdy Olufemi!  Rather than reply here, I opened two new threads on VIVID UI hints and tips.  I used Powerpoint to create the flow diagrams for the gestures/targets for the split screen actions. 

Hope this helps!

• @Alan Austin thank you so much. You make a hell of a job with the snapshots. Very helpful for all Viewers here. My most worry is the GPS problem. Is there anything we can do about it? Keep the good job 👍🏿 going and I wish you more Wisdom 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾