Toyota Tundra Vivid 11 Panel Button Color Change

• I just installed the HA2220 10.2 Vivid11 head unit in a 2018 Toyota Tundra. Is it possible to change the LED color on the panel buttons? Or it is possible to change brightness of the buttons. The factory bright blue color is very distracting.

I did not see an option in settings/car/element to change the color. I went in to the factory settings and see that the panel button option is set to "single color led".

Am I stuck with the bright blue buttons on this head unit or can I change the color like on some other models?

• @Jay Kay We would like to tell you that the color of the physical buttons could not be changed.

• @Support Dasaita 

Thank you.

Would it be possible to adjust the brightness of the buttons through software? Or possible to disable the panel lights when the vehicles headlights are on?

• @Jay Kay Please go to Factory settings > Other > turn off the RGB 

• @Support Dasaita 

I do not see that as an option in factory settings.

I see  "Panel LED type" is set to "Single Color LED"

And I see "Panel LED Control" is set to "By head light". 

I can change "Panel LED Control" to "By headlight" , "by power" or "by headlight and power" but I do not see an option to keep the panel LED off always.

• @Jay Kay Sorry that we made a mistake, the panel light could not be turned off, you could set "Panel LED Control" to "By headlight". In this way, it will be off while the Car headlight is off. 

• @Support Dasaita 

Thank you for your time. Do you think an option to dim or disable the panel LED would be able to be changed with a future software update, Or is this something that is out of your control?

I think this would be a good feature to add to this model if it is possible to control via a future software update. 

• @Jay Kay We have sent to our software engineer to check if the feature is feasible.

• @Jay Kay I have the same unit for my tundra and yes, you can change the side buttons to blue, green, red, yellow, white. I'd have to check again, but its under the normal settings, not factory settings. These CS people don't know what they are talking about

• @Colbie Sandberg You can change the color of head unit which has side touched key button, but HA2220 don't have side touched key buttons, it just has physical buttons which just have blue color. They are different style, hope you can understand.

• @Support Dasaita  Here is another vote for changing the color of the buttons on the G12.  FYI...blue is probably the worst color for visual clarity at night.  It will look blurry to most people.  I'd love to set it to a dimmer white color.  But any adjustability would be welcome!

• @Joshua Pritchett We would like to tell you that the the LED light is hardware issue, if you want to change you may need to replace it to another color LED light which is ricky to the head unit. We may improve in the new release head unit but really sorry to let you know that old unit could not change.

• @Support Dasaita Would it be possible to get photos of the internals of the radio, where the led's are attached? 

• @John Robinson We would like to tell you that the LED light is a small piece board at the bottom of the head unit.

• @Support Dasaita Thank you! I'm quite a bit hesitant to take my new radio apart but I might do so if it might be possible to solder in new (red) led's. 

• @John Robinson As a matter of fact, we don't suggest you to do so.