Dash Error Lights on 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail

• Insatlled a G12 plus in a 2015 Toyota 4runner trail.

About 1-2 minutes ofter starting the car I get dash warning lights.  The dash error lights come on and stay on.

The error lights are for ABS controller,  Loss of traction, and Offroad terrane select.

Dash Error lights

Unplugging the Head unit wiring harness and the errors go away.  Or removing the Red Canbus box and the errors go away. 

With out the Red canbus box the Reverse camera does not work.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thomas

• @Thomas Nelson We are wondering if you installed the head unit without powering of the car. If so, please note to power of the whole car and then reconnect the power cable. If still no luck, we will forward the manufacturer for further assistance.

• @Support Dasaita, I did install with the power off.  I have removed the unit and the errors go away.  Then re-installed the unit and the errors return.

• @Thomas Nelson Please let us know your order number so that we could record and forward the engineer for further assistance.

• @Support Dasaita The order was from Amazon Order# 114-2136293-6772239.

• @Thomas Nelson We assum there is compatibility issue which has been forwarded to the manufacturer for further instruction. Once getting their reply, we will let you know.

• @Thomas Nelson Our engineer said that you could go to local garage to dismiss the ABS error.

• @Support Dasaita Hi we are wondering if you have tools and ability to remove 2 pinout from the 24 pin connector here is the pinout that you could try to pry out.

You could refer to the instruction of how to pry them.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5ndo4zwct46snotnw51dd/How-to-remove-the-pinout-from-the-power-cable.mp4?rlkey=udt4w37ljtbx8png0b4mojvnh&dl=0

• @Support Dasaita I am capable of removing pins from the connector.  To be clear I should remove Pin #2 from the 24 pin connector.

• @Thomas Nelson  Can you please clarify your instructions. I do not see a 24 pin connector. 

There is a 20 pin white connector going into the Red Canbus box.

A 20 pin black connector going into the Head Unit.

A 28 pin white connector going to Car harness, with no markings.

and a 32 pin connector marked CB004-X going to Car harness. 

There are several additional smaller connectors with few pins and heavier guage wire.

Please clarify which connector and which pin. 

Thanks, Thomas

• Also, I have tried to clear the errors with a Canbus Reader.  With the headunit installed the ABS error can be cleared but immediatly returns.  The other error lights do not show up as errors to the Canbusa Reader and so can not be cleared.

Removing the Head unit, or removing the red canbus box does clear all indicator lights after the power is reconnected.

• @Thomas Nelson You could remove that wires from the canbus connector(No.13 and No.16), too.

• @Support Dasaita I removed the wires as indicated.  Still showed Error lights.  I removed Dasaita and re-installed OEM radio.  OEM Radio shows no error lights.

• @Thomas Nelson Do you mean that you have gone to the garage to try to dismiss the error but no luck, and you have already removed the 13 and 16 pin from the canbus but no luck either? 

• @Thomas Nelson Hi customer, we are wondering if you could provide the front and backside of the head unit so that we could diagnose if there is any of the plug imcompatible, your cooperation will be appreciated.