Toyota CHR 2018 Hybryd / Dasaita G13 Installation & Wireless CarPlay / Wi-Fi Conflict Issues


  • Hi everyone,

    ​I have a Dasaita G13 head unit installed, and I'm currently facing two issues that I hope you can help me resolve:

    ​1. Physical Fitment & Mounting Alignment

    When installing the unit into the dash, the radio doesn't fully snap into its retaining clips/grooves. Additionally, the four mounting screw holes under the radio do not align properly with the factory mounting points. Because of this misalignment, I am unable to screw the unit down, and it sits slightly uneven / tilted in the dash. Has anyone encountered this fitment issue, and what is the best way to fix or adjust it?

    ​2. Wi-Fi and Wireless CarPlay Conflict

    Whenever I get into the car and start it, Wireless CarPlay connects automatically to my phone. However, while CarPlay is active, I am completely unable to enable or connect to a standard Wi-Fi network on the Android head unit (for updates or standalone apps).

    ​To use regular Wi-Fi on the head unit, I have to manually disconnect my phone from the radio and turn off Bluetooth on my phone. Is there a way or a setting to properly toggle between Wireless CarPlay and standard Wi-Fi on the unit without having to manually disconnect the phone's Bluetooth every time?

    ​Thanks in advance for any advice or solutions!



  • @OLEG_ATOR 

    Hi,

    Could you please let us know the exact model you purchased, or provide a valid order number so we can check the product details for you?

    Also, please send us a few photos showing the installation/fitment issue, especially the areas where the clips and mounting screw holes do not align.

     

    Please notice that when using wireless CarPlay, the head unit cannot connect to a mobile hotspot at the same time. This is because CarPlay occupies the WiFi connection, which prevents simultaneous hotspot connectivity.

    If you want to have the unit connected to network while using CarPlay,please using the 4G Sim card.

     

     


Please login to reply to this topic!