Vivid UI: inconsistent display of radio station favorites or recent color blocks when in Radio mode or on home screen

• HA2202-Vivid10-CP-HD: Vivid UI double din installed in 1997 4runner.   on the home screeen or in radio mode, it will display the view of the blocks for each radio station marked as favorite(heart).   When activating CarPlay and then switching back to the radio mode or home screen, the list of stations blocks are not diplayed.  When clicking the list icon, I get the favorite radio stations displayed in text form, not block form.   Am I missing a finger swipe technique or is the UI glitchy?

• I realized that the favorite stations view is there when the unit is connected to the wifi in my house.  However, when configure to use iphone hotspot, the favorite stations UI view is empty.   In addition when in iphone hot spot mode, my head unit apps won't connect and indicate they are offline.    

• @Alan Austin Once I figured out to to get my iphone set as my wifi connection (tethered), the radio favorite stations colored block view worked on both the home screen and the mystations view