CanBus Issue - PX6 MAX10 in Mitsubishi L200 (aka Triton)

• Hi,

I bought a Dasaita 9" IPS Screen Android 10.0 Autoradio For Mitsubishi Triton Car Radio GPS Navigation TDA7850 Bluetooth - Auto AC back in October, but it was a Christmas present so the install has only taken place in the last couple of days.

I'm having a problem that seems canbus related. With the Canbus decoder attached to the harness the radio boots up when I power up the car and all appears well. However, the car behaves oddly - for example the chime that sounds when the door is open goes all intermittent, various warning lights appear on the dash (e.g. traction control), the heater blower stops & starts, the heater control display goes on and off, really weird. 

Without the canbus box attached the car is fine, but the radio doesn't boot when the car is powered on.

Experimenting with the canbus settings in Factory settings I can make it worse, but not better. The attached picture shows the canbus settings the unit came with. I've reset it to these but am afraid to drive the car in case one of these errors causes a problem, there's clearly interference on the bus being caused by the radio.

I'm in Europe (the UK) the vehicle is right hand drive Mitsubishi L200, it did not have the factory nav unit. Can you recommend the correct canbus settings or suggest any other fix ? I can supply my order number of you need to know the exact unit I have.

Thanks,

Tony

Canbus Settings

• @Tony Dunn One thing is, it should be right rudder since your car is rhd. For the rest, I don't know.

• Thanks Tom. I have tried that, also cycled through the Type 0, 1, 2 and 3 options, also tried some of the other Canbus types but no better.

• Expert
    Expert
    Expert
    Staff member

@Tony Dunn Hi Tony 

please also send the original Radio and the harness photo to have a check  . normally if the unit functions works ok , means the unit is ok  . the problem is the canbus or the harness does not match original car system . for the Mitsubishi cars have 2-3 kind canbus and harness , need your OEM radio photo , to confirm the cable connection is correct 

• Yuan,

Thanks for your reply. Attached are some pictures of the original unit. This did NOT have sat nav or reverse camera. It did have dab radio and Bluetooth. I've so added some pictures of the connectors in the car and the can bus box I was supplied with. The harness that came with the unit seems to fit, and the unit seems to work fine with the canbus box connected. Also, if I disconnect the harness from the radio but leave the can bus box in place I still get the weird effects, so I agree it looks like a can bus or harness issue.

If you need any more info please let me know.

Regards, Tony.

• Here are the pictures :-

• Expert
    Expert
    Expert
    Staff member

@Tony Dunn thanks for feedback . according your infomation , the original unit is the basic radio , no need canbus  . but you need to do a modify on ACC cable  . cut the red cable(ACC)  and connect to the main Port ACC cable 

• Yuan,

Thanks for this, I've followed your advice and am glad to say all is now working great.

One additional thing to mention - when I removed the canbus adapter the steering wheel controls no longer worked, so I had to connect the Key 1 wire to the corresponding wire from the main harness, and in factory settings change the key setup from canbus to swc, then they also worked. So, all good now. Thanks for your help again.