Dasaita PX6 doesn't support existing MIC in 2016 Toyota Camry LE

• I just installed a Dasaita PX6 head unit in my 2016 Toyota Camry LE and noticed that it wasn't using the microphone that was already built in to the car. I took a look at the wiring harness and noticed that the pins that would be associated with mic input from the 28-pin Toyota Radio plug connector are missing in the harness:

Missing pins in wiring harness connector

Wiring harness label

Does Dasaita have an alternate wiring harness that might connect the necessary pins to something like a 3.5mm mono connector that could plug into the head unit's external mic input? If not, are there other aftermarket solutions for this?

I'd rather use the mic built in to the vehicle, rather than have to find a place to mount the external mic that came with the unit. The mic that is built in to the head unit isn't reliable since it sits immediately below a vent and the air current from the vent makes too much noise to use a voice assistant.

• Quite a sore point for us toyota owners.  Toyota for whatever reason decided to amplify the microphones in their cars.  This means that no aftermarket stereos will natively support a toyota with an amplified microphone.

There are a number of hacks you can do but by far the most elegant solution is 3rd-Gen (2016-2019) Toyota Tacoma Mic Adapter (ATC/ATO Fuse Type) – Tombit

As they don't seem to make them very often I made my own adapter harness using the instuctions from Using OEM antenna, microphone, usb for aftermarket head unit | Toyota Nation Forum. Works great - note I had to install the resister.

• I saw that thread, and also the link to this version: https://austinnam.blogspot.com/2020/11/toyota-oem-microphone-adapter-for.html

I may try to make the one I just linked, though I admit I'm a bit of a novice at wiring custom circuits.