Bluetooth and SCOUT maps not working

• I haven't heard back from Support in a week so I'm making another post. My original post was "Custom Logo steps to install"

First, the bluetooth is still not working. Keep getting the same "Bluetooth Keeps Stopping" pop up.

I guess this bug has been been around for a while. When will they have a fix for the SCOUT OS?

Second, the SCOUT maps should be an offline and online map but for some reason it's only an "online" NAV now. The unit automatically downloaded SCOUT OS version 3.6.79. It only works correctly when you have the unit connected to wifi or mobile hotspot. 

Is there anything Support can do to fix these bugs or get the unit working correctly?

Can Support please respond?

Mark 

• @Mark Herms We have replied your message in other post. Please feedback us if the update can resolved the bluetooth issue.

• I looked in all my posts and do not see a new update.zip file. The update file you did send 14 days ago DID NOT fix the bluetooth bug.

If you have a new update.zip file please put the link here. I will gladly try it ot see if it fixes the bluetooth bug for SCOUT OS.

Thanks,

Mark

This is the only update.zip file I can find in my posts.

"Custom Logo steps to install"  Post from 7/27/23.  If Support is talking about this update.zip file link. It did not fix the bluetooth issue.

Support Dasaita Staff member

@Mark Herms Hi Mark, here is the version without the animation Dasaita logo.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/l27yzrg72f9hi86l7nj1x/update.zip?rlkey=npgld98wmyjjhqsmpc4v6kjjs&dl=0

1.Please download the document though the link via your computer/laptop.

2.Please make sure to format the USB drive(FAT32 Format)/SD card before copying the update file to it.

3.Please ONLY put Update.zip file into the USB drive/SD card,and then insert the USB drive to the USB cable.

*Please note that all data on this unit needs to be wiped before updating the system, so back up important datif necessary.

•  I was looking in the Firmware Download page and is this the most current SCOUT OS available? Does this version fix the bluetooth?

Scout 10 Version : Make Sure your unit is PX6 Andorid 10 Version

scout OS3.4

telenav_s4c_rk3399_10.0_ota(20230731)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/keamd1e2phuw39qwbt4yb/update.zip?rlkey=t5uh3dr608z00j8zrgzj36w85&dl=0

• @Mark Herms No, we have just upgrade the latest one on the page, the one which can customize the logo in 0808 one, the one can with fixed Dasaita logo is the 0807 one. Please just update the firmware that we sent you yesterday. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• I can't find the one you sent yesterday. I've looked in all my posts and my email. I don't see anything from support. Can you please send the link again.

Mark

• @Mark Herms Here is the link of the firmware. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lhfpa9nr5xe1374po19z1/update.zip?rlkey=qrnjq2iqj3k5vtzdipohs6ndu&dl=0

• I downloaded and installed the new update.zip file. This is the 0808 file that I installed. It installed ok, no issues.  After the install when the unit was booting up and got past the SCOUT setup screens, it went to the "Loading" screen but nothing came up after that. It's like there isn't a map to load until you connect to wifi. Once you connect to wifi it starts downloading the next version of SCOUT OS 3.6.79. Then it reboots again. After that it boots into a map but without wifi you cannot put in a destination. The map displays the street and the GPS works ok. The streets do not say "Unnamed" anymore.  I'll attach some pictures.

Things it fixed: 

• Bluetooth Stopping. Bluetooth seems to be working great now. No more "Bluetooth Keeps Stopping" messages. Thank you!
    •  The Custom Logo can be customized. That's fixed too. Thank you!

Things not fixed:

• The SCOUT offline maps are still NOT offline. Online only. This needs to be fixed. Even the setup screen says "World-class navigation online & offline" 

Scout setup screen

Here are some other pictures of the install.

The "Loading" sat there for 10 minutes. See the time in the corner.

Loading    Loading still

Here is when it connected to wifi and started downloading this version of SCOUT OS. You can't turn off the "Automatic download" unless it's connected to wifi. The new version is good, just doesn't work offline.

New Version   No Route

It seems like the SCOUT app doesn't have permission for Location or anything else. Should it be like that? You can't change it.

Permissions

If you can get the maps to be offline it will be a great radio!

Thanks for fixing the other issues!

I hope to hear from you soon about the offline SCOUT maps.

Mark

• @Mark Herms Hi there, do you mean that you couldn't turn off the automatically upgrade button as follow if you don't connect wifi or hotspot? 

Secondly, we woud like to tell that the scout has location permission which can not be written through apps permission settings, please rest assured.

As you mentioned that our scout nav can just be used while you are connected wifi, please let us know if you diconnect wifi, could you search for any location, is the location correct? We tested the road which you showed unnamed on our stereo without any problem, can the road showed it's real name after this upgrade. 

If the offline map still no luck to use, please send us the serial number: System Settings -> About machine -> Serial Number. We will forward to our develper for further diagnose. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• Yes, I could turn off the button. The problem is if I didn't do the 3.6.79 upgrade I get the "Loading" screen forever. I waited 10 minutes for it to finish loading but it didn't. The loading screen pictures are after the initial install after the unit reboots. The boot up process stops, no map comes on the screen.

No, If you press the scout button in the lower left then press About>software update. It says you are not connected to wifi. The button to turn off Automatic update is not there. Once connected to wifi it automatically starts downloading 3.6.79. I could have stopped it by turning off the Automatic Updates. The version the 0808 update.zip file installs is SCOUT OS 3.5.6.

Should I stop the update? 

I'll video the another install so you can see whats going on. I'll also send the serial number. Give me a day or so and I'll send a video.

The address I used in the picture is a real address. It does the same thing even if I type in my address. Yes I type the address in the search bar.

• I didn't do a complete re-install. It takes to much time to set everything up the way I like it.

I did a video on the offline-online maps and what I mean. I hope this explains it better than the pictures. So you know the NAV or GPS works fine. If I'm driving around the triangle on the map knows where its going and gives the street name. It fails when I want to put in an address on the search bar when it's offline. I should be able to put in an address offline and have a route start.

The video is to big I'm going to have to send it to support@dasaita.com

I've included the serial number, build number and NAV version.

Mark Herms

• @Mark Herms The photo that we attached is 3.5.6 scout version, we upgrade the firmware to the one that we sent you and test the issue that you mentioned.

You can go to:Settings > About > Software Update > Toggle off the Automatic Updates while the 3.6.79 is loading. The 3. 5. 6 ' s version will come out a moment later just after you turned of the button.

• Does the SCOUT OS 3.5.6 resolve the offline navaigatin issue?

I would think the 3.6.79 version would work offline too then?

I'll have to do the complete reinstall. I'll see when I can get that done. I'll let you what happens.

Mark

• @Mark Herms We have sent you the scout offline map via email, have you finished the installation yet?

• I'll see if I can do the install tonight after work.

I did get the offline map in my email. I'll add that after the install.

Thanks, Mark

• @Mark Herms Thanks for your cooperation and hope you can feedback us after the installation.

• That didn't work.

I installed the 3.5.6 again. After the unit restarted it sat at the "Loading" screen. I copied the Telenavmapdata.tar file to the root of Flash, this is where it copied to.

/storage/emulated/0/      I hope this is the Flash root? 

I restarted the unit again and it sat at the "Loading" screen for awhile then it kind of loaded a partial map but it doesn't know the street names. It still cannot find street destinations.

Not good.

Mark

• @Mark Herms Please copy the TelenavMapData folder to the directory of your SD card and then copy the file to the Flash folder of your head unit directly. Not other file folder like "emulated" that you mentioned above or the system can not recognize the file. You can go to the Filebrowser to check if the file has been settled in the correct position. Please send us a screenshot that we can verify for you.

• Here is what I did.

Copied the file Telenavmapsdata.tar to a USB stick. Then plugged that in to the unit. Started Filebrowser>USB>pressed the check box for the file>pressed copy.  Then I pressed Flash>Paste. 

I didn't pick where ther file was copied. The paste screen came up and that's where it said it was copying the file to was /storage/emulated/0/.    After it was copied the file had a ? question mark like the unit didn't know what kind of file it was.

When I do it again I'll take a picture.

Is there a different way to copy/paste the file. I used Filebrowser? 

Mark

• @Mark Herms Please give us a screenshot like the following one or you can confirm by yourself to check if the offline map that you put into the Folder is the same as we attached below.

• 1 / 2