Toyota Rav4 Stock digital radio antenna

• Hello

I have installed a stick on window antenna suplied by Dasaita for DAB reception. Its not great. has anyone used the stock DAB antenna in conjunction with the USB DAB reciever.. This is seperate to the one on the roof (standard radio) I think the factory DAB antenna is installed in the rear quarter window.

Thanks

Andy

• @Andrew Sloane We are wondering if you could let us know your order number as we found that your last contact was on 2021/09/16. Please further demostrate  your issue in the meanwhile.

• I dont really have an issue,  i just want to know if any members managed to use the Toyota Rav4  DAB antenna rather than a stick on window one. 

The toyota factory stereo had DAB radio and the reception was excellent, the dasaita DAB reception isnt very good. Im Putting this down to the stick on window antenna.

• @Andrew Sloane

Troubleshootings for problems of not being able to connect/poor signal:

1. Check the installation position of the antenna and the ground wire of the antenna.

The DAB antenna is recommended to be installed on the front windshield, as shown below.

Note that the GND wire needs to be grounded properly (connected to the metal frame of the car)

2. Check whether the USB connection is loose.

3. Check whether the connection between the antenna and the DAB box is loose, and do not overtighten it.

• @Andrew Sloane Were you ever able to figure out how to get the factory DAB antenna working? 

• @Michael Uribe I managed to make a connector to use the stock DAB aerial in my RAV4 with the DAB-USB unit from Dasaita , works great. Needed to source a TS9 RF connection which I was able to connect to the stock DAB aerial connection. Was a bit of a struggle to get it to fit but works

• I'm waiting on a "Fakra Z Male to SMA Male cable to see if its a better fit for the DAB connection on my stock radio ( JBL )

Update:  the above adapter didnt work out.

• @Iain Sherrit Can you send me a link to what you ordered. 

I cant even find which is the origional connection for the DAB antenna to the factory headset.

Cheers

• I modified the TS9 RF connection which I got from Amazon.  From memory, the original DAB connection to the factory fitted aerial is the light grey rectangular connector. I'll recheck this next weekRAV4 2021 JBL head unit rear connections