ZLink Microphone with Apple CarPlay Issue

• When using the phone with carplay,  I can hear them just fine, but they say I sound like I am in a tunnel.

I am using the external microphone with it attached to my steering column.  I tried other places and it seems worse.

Any settings to try?  Does the external microphone auto automatically override the internal one?

I have the newest Dasaita Android 12 Car Stereo

2016 4Runner Limited

• @James Varney We are wondering if you could go to Factory settings > enter 126 > Other > switch external Mic to Internal to check if the internal Microphone is OK or not.

• @Support Dasaita I will try that and keep you posted, thanks!!!

• @Support Dasaita I just tried looking in the Factory Settings -> Other and their is not an option to switch external mic to external.   I have also looked at all the other settings and no such option.  Wondering how does the radio know to use the the external vs internal one.   Which is default? How to you swich back and forth, wonder which one is in use now.

• @James Varney We usually set internal as default. Please kindly have a try and let us know the result. Or you could also remove the external microphone to check if the internal one could work.

• @Support Dasaita Since the internal is by default and no setting in Factory Settings -> Other on the new G12, how can I switch to the external one.   I removed the radio and disconnected the enternal mic and the internal is for sure default.  So the question is where can I switch over to use the enternal one.

• @Support Dasaita Just checking back to see if you came up with a way to switch to the external mic since there is not a setting in the factory settings on the new G12?

• @James Varney When you plug in the external one, it will automatically switch to external, the settings inside the system is still under test, sorry that we misled you in the previous message.

We are wondering if the call after removing the external microphone could work well or not. If it's in good condition now, we could send you a replaced external microphone to get the problem resolved.

Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita After removing the external it still sounds bad, so I bet the microphone is defective also.

So sending me a replacement external microphone would do the trick.  As soon as I receive it I will get it installed.   Thank  you!!!

• @James Varney We are wondering if your car has OEM amplifier like JBL. 

• @Support Dasaita Yes its an 2016 4Runner Limited with JBL.

• @James Varney We are wondering if you could factory reset the head unit, if no luck, you could update the firmware.

G12 Version:Make Sure your unit is QCM6125 Andorid 12

zst27_sc138_12_(20231216)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/cqls8v86xg0k8g6pd3ybn/update.zip?rlkey=zh1ltcm2b0mia86y06w9ti0z1&dl=0

• @Support Dasaita Hey,  no luck.   I am starting to think that both the internal and external microphone are on at the same time causing the tunnel sound.  Any good way to turn the internal one off.  I have tried with just the internal and it does not sounds much better.

• @James Varney We are wondering if the calls right through bluetooth has the same issue, or just the carplay. 

• @James Varney Hi customer, our technician said the they need you to record the the sound that you mean like in the tunnel, or you can shot a video to show us that case. You cooperation will be appreciated.

• @James Varney I am using G12 with the simular or same issue, even changed to external mic in the factory setting. The system is using external and internal mic at the same time (tested it - I used my finger to tap on the internal mic and external mic, both pickup the tap sound), if the car in stop position, people will able to hear me, but once I am driving, one of the mic will pickup the car chassis sound and disturb my voice, the person will hear cracked/robot sound from me.

Confirmed the problem is clearly related to carplay (zlink) or app, since when I am using bluetooth connection to the headunit (no carplay), the mic is working perfectly, people will hear me loud and clear (in stationary position or driving), but once I connected carplay and bluetooth get disconnected, problem again.

• Same issue.  Clear as day when not driving, horrible when driving.  Everything else works well, so I hope there is a solution.  

• @Paul Wood yea, same here, this will be a perfect machine if they can fix this issue.

i believed the internal mic of the unit is causing the issue.

• @James Varney We are wondering if you could record the the sound for us, we need proof to further diagnose the issue.

• @H H @Paul Wood We have wondering if you have factory reset the system to check if the issue will persist or not.

• 1 / 3