Steering Wheel Phone Buttons - Fix (at least for Honda)

• I installed Vivid 11 on my 2013 Honda Accord EX M6. It has steering wheel buttons for volume, channel, and mode AND seperate buttons for phone. It also has camera on passanger side mirror. Multiple cables came with unit and I had to move TFT box etc for side camera to work.

However, I could not get the phone buttons to work. Installation manual was of no use. I spent weeks researching and finally found schematics for steering wheel from Honda. It became obvious that the three phone buttons were a different circuit than the buttons that worked, presumambly via canbus. 

More weeks spent to discover that Honda uses a seperate bluetooth radio that is hidden in dashboard. The wire coming off the clock spring (steering wheel) goes to that radio and not the OEM radio Dasaita replaced. 

More research revealed with pin, from the 32 pin connector to the blue tooth radio needed to be connected to Key 1 lead of Dasaita.

Maybe Honda is unique in this design, its OEM radio was a Pioneer. What made it more complicated is tht Honda refers to the bluetooth radio as HFL (Hands Free Link), but its really just the native blue tooth radio that is connected to those buttons on the steering wheel. So much time wasted.