Default phone app

• How can I make Google Phone my default phone app? When I install it it ask to give it some permissions, which is fine and doable.  Then it ask to make it the default but that doesn't work. I keep pressing the Set as Default button but it goes no where and nothing happens. 

• @ZAKI KADOURA We are wondering if you could shot a video to show us how to set it, we will check if your procedure is correct or not.

• @ZAKI KADOURA Sorry that the phone app could not be set default. We would just set default Google map. 

• I can't find the option to upload a video... so I can only use the phone app that came with the head unit?

• @ZAKI KADOURA Could you kindly send us the google link instead of update the vie to the forum? You could only use google phone apps on your phone but you could use bluetooth call and you could also insert a SIM card to receive phone call on the head unit.

• I wanted to install a phone app because when i am driving and I ask Google assisstant to call someone, nothing happens.  Google assisstant says calling but nothing happens so I thought that is because a phone app is missing. 

• @ZAKI KADOURA We have 3 ways to solve your problem. If you use SIM card for the head unit. You could use the internal call apps.

https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/121788/g12-new-function-4g-lte-phone-callshttps://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/g12-launcher

We recommend installing an app called Shouter, which reads all notifications aloud. It works very well! When you receive a text message, Shouter reads who sent it and the entire message, as well as emails, missed calls, etc. Additionally, with Google Voice Assistant, you can open apps by simply saying "open Outlook" or "open Messages," etc. These two apps make this unit amazing, just like using a cell phone, without needing to connect a cell phone to it.

You could also connect your phone with the Android auto, so you could use the Google assistant in Android auto to have a call.

If you use iphone, you could use the Carplay, just say Hey siri to have a phone call.

• Thanks. i will try one of those options and see how it goes.