Android 12 Unit - Wired Carplay

• Hello, I have an Android 12 unit for my 4Runner. I missed the part on the product description where it describes that the Android 12 units have wired carplay only. Is there some kind of adaptor I can use to enable wired carplay? 

The bluetooth carplay is very laggy and is frustrating to use. An example of this is if I am listening to an Audible book while using navigation. While the Audible book is paused during the speech of navigation, it is not perfect. Several seconds pass before the audio returns and thus the book is several seconds farther along. 

Another example is button presses on the screen take a second or two to send the command along to the phone. 

I assume that wired carplay does not have this lag issue. I also prefer a wire over having bluetooth on all the time.

I have an iPhone 15, so I don't belive the phone is the issue.

Thank you

• @Dave Marshall Hi customer, regarding to the Carplay issue, we have a new firmware to get it fixed. Before releasing the firmware, we need to have a few test, you could pay attention to our forum, once the test is completed, we will update the forum.

• @Support Dasaita Is this new firmware adding or fixing wired carplay support?

• @Support Dasaita thank you. I will check back. To clarify, this is to add wired support?

• @John Robinson @Dave Marshall It will significantly improve the wireless Carplay call quality and the issue that the poster mentioned. Please kindly wait for it. We are sorry that Qualcomm 6125 could not support wired Carplay.

• We are sorry that Qualcomm 6125 could not support wired Carplay

Is it possible to add this support?

• @John Robinson We are afraid that it could not add it, as he coreboard could not supports that functions.

• Hello, My car is a Corolla 2016 and  i found this post looking for the same thing that Dave posted it, I was looking if there was a way to connect carplay by wire because I have a similar problem, when I'm listening to music that stops playing for several seconds or gets kind of laggy it's like it skips a few seconds or lags, it's very weird, im so glad you are already working on that because its very annoying not to be able to hear music without cuts, dou you have an estimated date for the firmware release for this problem??. Thanks...

• @Luis Fuentes Hi customer, we will improve the CarPlay app so as to improve the music out put of the head unit, please kindly wait will patience for it. Really sorry for the inconvenience. In the meanwhile, note that you should connect the wifi antenna on the back side to ensure that the wifi signal is stable.