PX6, Honda Civic 2009 Issues. Help!

• Hi there,

I have on-going issues with my PX6, installed in a 2009 Honda Civic. The screen is often heavily distorted, making the graphics look washed out and strangely warped. Occasionally, it will correct itself and look normal but it usually takes a bit of warming up/driving for this to happen. 

The touchscreen is often unresponsive and audio through CarPlay will frequently stop playing...which only returns when I switch to the radio for an extended period of time. My back camera is also intermittent. I have no idea if my unit is just faulty or if it is a electrical issue with my car, as I installed this unit myself.

If you could please advise, I’d greatly appreciate any help you can offer. The device is running the latest MCU V3.78_1 and the latest supported version of Android 10.

Many thanks!

James.

• Hi

please go factory setting put password hcttest253  

and restart the unit , and will will come back to normal 

• @Quick Yuan 

Hi there.

I did as you suggested...but it has made the issue worse. 

It hasn't fixed the display and it's messed up the resolution. The touchscreen is also now not working properly. When I try and tap somewhere, it thinks I've tapped somewhere else.

• sorry that do not your unit details  . your unit is 1024*600 resoluctions 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwzqzocvnr6rj1n/dmcu.ext?dl=0

download this file , copy to a empty USB disk (format before use ) . plug to the USB cable 

after you see the screen come out numer 2 

power off and restart the unit 

• Thank you.

That restored the resolution perfectly.

Unfortunatley, the screen is still distorted, even after the 'hcttest253' factory reset. Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

James.

• @James Newman type   hcttest242 , is use for unit with  1024*600 resoluctions screen 

• @Quick Yuan 

After entering the code and restarting, it made no difference 😭. The screen is still distorted/warped.

Could this potentially be an issue with the power my car is supplying to the device? Do I need an additional device, something to regulate the battery power?

Or could my unit just be faulty? Hopefully not!

Thanks,

James.

• @Quick Yuan