No GPS signal

• @Olufemi Savage ...and when I remounted the GPS antenna, I cranked it down with a wrench pretty tight. 

• @Alan Austin Double post, delete.

• @Alan Austin Like my Max10 in less than one minute. Concerning your roof antenna. Sometimes there's an antenna amplifier which needs 12 volt. Could that be a part of your problem? In Max 10 it's the blue wire in the antenna connector.

• @Alan Austin maybe the GPS cable is faulty or the GPS is not good solding inside the Dasaita Headunit... Please contact your seller maybe they have a solution. I wish you good luck.

• @Alan Austin It maybe that the GPS Receiver inside the Dasaita Headunit didn't soldering very well or faulty....

@Tom Box

• @Olufemi Savage Sent Dasaita a note, just now regarding the problem.   Hopefully they help make things right.  One of the reasons I purchsed this unit was to have onboard GPS when a phone was not in the car. 

• @Alan Austin I hope Dasaita service can and will surely help you out. Have a nice day.

• @Alan Austin are you able to get another GPS antenna to have a test . if not please contact the seller to send you a new GPS antnna 

• @Quick Yuan I ordered a SMA antenna on amazon and will try it out tomorrow.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R7RC96G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I assume these are universal in frequencey  and specs.   I ordered the one with the stright connector instead of the 90 degree fitting to minimize variables.  I have room behind the head unit without the cable getting squeezed. 

Thanks for getting back with me.   I will report back once I get the antennae.

• @Quick Yuan I installed the new antenna today and reassembled the unit.  Still no GPS signal on the GPS monitor in settings.  

Before I reinstalled the unit, I shined a flashlight into the vent holes on the top of the unit and could see the antenna cable soldered on the PCB.  

So, at this point, I can only determine that it is a faulty head unit.  I have still yet to heard from the Dasaita sales rep regarding my email inquiry to my problem and proposed solution. 

• 2 / 2