MAX10 Android apps that were recently updated will not run ("app keeps stopping")

• I have the Max10 PX6 head unit for my 2014 Toyota Camry. Acquired and installed it in December of last year.

I've installed several Android apps on it from the Play Store and run several app updates, all without trouble.

Yesterday I updated about a dozen apps, including Chrome, Audible, Podbean, Odysee, and others.

None of the updated apps will run for more than a few seconds. They quit with a system message that says, "appXXX keeps stopping." I've tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting the unit, etc. Nothing helps. Apps that were not updated work fine.

Appreciate any suggestions.

- Ed

• Witam. Odinstaluj aktualizacje aplikacjie Android System WebView i aplikacje Chrom , a wszystko wróci do normy.  Ten błąd jest na forum Dasaita opisywany i zgłaszany. Niestety producent tego radia nic nie robi aby naprawić ten błąd. Zainstalowanie najnowszej wersji oprogramowania usuwa ten błąd z aplikacjami , jednak wprowadza nowe błędy np. z BT które żle działa na tej wersji . Ja w swoim radiu mam oprogramowanie systemowe z 2021 10 15 i BT działa dobrze , za to przy aktualizacji aplikacji ze sklepu Play muszę omijać aktualizacje Android System WebView i Chrom bo wprowadzają błędy w działaniu innych aplikacji.

• @Marek. Mok Thanks for your reply. Here's the English translation:

"Hello. Uninstall updates to Android System WebView apps and Chrome apps, and everything will return to normal. This bug is described and reported in the Dasaita forum. Unfortunately, the manufacturer of this radio does nothing to fix this error. Installing the latest version of the software removes this error with applications, but introduces new errors, e.g. with BT, which works badly on this version. I have in my radio system software from 2021 10 15, and BT works well, but when updating applications from the Play Store, I have to bypass the Android System WebView and Chrome updates because they introduce errors in the operation of other applications."

Android System WebView is not installed on my system. The Chrome browser is, and I can try removing that, but I've already checked for an 'uninstall updates' option on Chrome, and there is not one. Only complete uninstall is an option.

Can you post a link to the bug report you mentioned in your reply?

• Należę do tych, którzy stale aktualizują aplikacje, w tym system Android WebView, i nie przedstawiam żadnej awarii; wszystkie aplikacje idą bardzo dobrze, mój system to Android 10 w MAX10 PX6 z najnowszą aktualizacją 21052022.

• @José Guillermo Huertas Lancheros @Marek. Mok 

Hello Jose -

You wrote:

"I am one of those who constantly update applications, including Android WebView, and I do not present any failure; all the apps are going very well; my system is Android 10 in MAX10 PX6 with the latest update 21052022."

Thanks for sharing that info. 

My reply to @Marek. Mok was in error. The interface for the Play Store on the PX6 is a bit different than I am accustomed to - the "Uninstall Updates" option does not appear until the "Uninstall" button is pressed.

There are several different versions of the Android System Webview app in the Play Store (at least in the US version), so it took a bit of time to find the one installed on the PX6. I was able to uninstall the updates for Chrome and Android System Webview, and that appears to have solved my issue with updated apps not working. 

Thank you both for that input.

• @Ed InSac Hello Ed. I just recently decided to update everything. I guess it was a mistake. Now the readio,bluetooth keep stoping. Which which webviewer did you install?