Lancer Head Unit Lagging Sometimes

• I have the MAX10-CP-HD-CB001 for my 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer and it's had a couple of issues. A few times it has turned off for no apparent reason, blank screen and no sound or response. It comes back on the next time I use it.

The other issue is a few times the UI has been slow and lagging, tap a button on the screen and it is 2 or 3 seconds before it does anything, the nav maps are also slow and lagging to update, even the reverse camera has the same lag making it useless. But it goes back to normal the next time I use the car.

I've had the unit for about 6 months and this has happened about 5 times, same for the times the unit goes blank.

• Probably due to a lack of cooling on the PX6 MCU. Install a heatsink like I did on mine (mine is a PX30 however). This is severely required due to the intense 40+ degree heat we get in Australia in summer which rockets up to 45+ in the car if you don't leave the windows cracked open a little.

I drilled holes in their little cast aluminum heatsink which seems to be made from recycled Coke Cola and Pepsi cans and then used a 'IC Graphite Thermal Pad' so there is no thermal paste. When mounting the heatsink, I screwed it from underneath in carefully positioned places where the screw heads (which must be the flat top type of which two you can see in my photo) do not come into contact with any electrical components.

Then, run an Android CPU boost program to lock the governour to the maximum frequency (mine is 1.80 GHz which I achieved by setting it to 'performance' mode). I'd also suggest using the Hal9K firmware.

Google Maps runs like absolute dog piss when dragging your finger around on the map screen, but Waze seems to be a little better on my PX30. Don't expect great performance and stability from these head units though. Afterall... Chinese 😋

If you don't want to go to all this trouble like I did, just do yourself a favour and buy something a little better like this (Teyes CC3).

• Hello, I have read a bit about the model of your Dasaita applicable to your Mitsubishi Lancer from 2009, and the first thing I see is that the Canbus CB001 does not support the rear camera, that is where the problems can start; second is about the amplifier, the information is confusing on the part of the seller when it says CB001 with amplifier for 2007-2013 models and that it does not support rear camera as I mentioned before, then it says CB003 that it supports the rear camera and the factory amplifier. Could the problem be in the proper choice of canbus, CB001 or CB003?