Distorted and noisy image from reverse Cam

• When I shift to reverse, the image from reverse cam showed up but the image is noisy and kind of distorted. I have connected the ground wire to the metal frame of the car. 

The unit is HA5216-vivid11-CP-HD-4-US. My car is 2016 toyota Rav4 hybrid. 

Anyone seen the same issue? Any possible solution is much appreciated.

• @Jerry J We are wondering if the reverse camera is a factory one. Is the image clear at night while you are using the OEM head unit. In the meanwhile, please replug the wiring for the camera to check if it has been disturbed.

• @Support Dasaita the camera is the factory one. I have been using it with the OEM head unit without any issues for 7 years. I have also tried unplug and replug the camera wire but it didn't change any thing. The wire connector (yellow ones) looks intact and undamaged.

• @Jerry J We are wondering if you can send us a photo of the wiring of your rear camera. And let us know if the view is noisy and disorted in the daytime. In the meanwhile, please check the IC cable and make sure they are connected. If still no luck, please let us know if you have tools and ability to check the voltage of this cable for us or may you try another rear camera to check the function? Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita the image is noisy at daytime or night.

I'll pull the head unit out and take photos on the wiring. However I don't have another camera. The factory cam worked well on the original head unit.

Two questions:

1. What is "IC" cable? The yellow RCA connectors for reverse cam are connected. I can take a photo of them if this is what you meant.

2. Where is the cable you showed in you photo? I didn't see it when installing the head unit.

Thank you.

• @Jerry J Regarding to your questions, we would like to tell you that the cable is in the harness which is wrapped by black plastic. Find the black, red and white cable, and maybe you have to pull out the black plastic to see if the IC cable connector is loose or not as it will interrupt the signal as you showed above.

If you have a multimeter, please kindly let us know if you can check the voltage of the following white cable.

You can refer to the following instruction.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf1g0eyvmulq7ew/reverse%20voltage%20test.mp4?dl=0

• @Support Dasaita I have double checked the connection of "Cam in" and "to Cam" cables. They are well connected as shown in the 1st photo. 

The IC cables (black, red and white) are well connected with the small chip, as shown in 2nd and 3rd photo. 

The votage of the white cable, as shown in the 4th photo, is 5.4V. This plug is not connected with anything. 

Any idea on what could be the cause of the distorted image? Thanks. 

• @Jerry J After diagnosing, we found that the voltage is not compatible. In this case, we are willing to send you another power cable, please kindly let us know your order number and shipping address. Please send it to our email address "support@dasaita.com"

• I am having the same issue on my 2017 Toyota Rav 4.  Did the new power cable fix this issue?

• @Mark Stanish The problem has been resolved after replacing the cable. You could kindly send us your order number and further demonstrate the issue. In this case, we will give you more appropriate instruction. support@dasaita.com

• for some reason I can't get pictures to load here.  I sent an email with pictures and further descriptions to support@dasaita.com.  I did follow the steps above and confirmed the white, black and red wires had a good connection.  I also tested the voltage from the white wire and it was 7.1V.  All the info for order number, model number, build number, etc are in the email I sent this morning.

Thank you for your help with this issue.

• @Mark Stanish In this case, we suggest you to replace the cable to a new CB004-4. Please just contact with us via email.