Custom Logo steps to install

• I've been trying to upload a cutom picture for a few days now. In the manual it says the pictures should be 800x480 pixels. I've made seveal pictures that size. Did the Go to Settings > Car Settings > Factory Settings > Password: 126 >Car Logo>pressed Custom searched for the file, selected the file, pressed Apply, Exit. Then I restarted the unit. When booting it goes to the 10 Navigation screen, then the blue Dasatia logo comes up. After that the system starts to boot up. No logo shows.

The picture is still located on USB-B. Does it have to be copied to a specific Flash directory?

I've tried copying it to Flash/Pictures, Flash/Download. No logo shows up on the screen where ever I put it.

Also, In the Car Logo screen setup screen, there should be car logos to pick from up under car.ico. I have no default car logos show up to select. The unit is in a 2014 Toyota Corrolla and I was looking for the Toyota logo. Not there.  That's why I was trying to put my own custom logo on the unit. No love.

Anyway, if someone knows the specifics on how to install a custom logo please let us know.

Mark

• @Mark Herms Please kindly let us know if you have an animated DASAITA logo. If YES, we would like to tell you that you need to upgrade the firmware to a neutral one. Please show us your order number, so that we can give you more appropriate instruction.

• Yes, the DASAITA logo is animated.

What do you mean by "a neutral one"?

The order number is:

Amazon

114-1803642-8079451

• Or should I send back to get it replaced with the properly updated unit?

Are all the same features in the "neutral" version?

Mark

• How do I upgrade the firmware to a neutral one?

Mark

• @Mark Herms We are asking our manufacturer for a version without Dasaita logo, hope you can wait with patience.

• Yes, not a problem.

Thanks, Mark

• @Mark Herms Hi Mark, here is the version without the animation Dasaita logo.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/l27yzrg72f9hi86l7nj1x/update.zip?rlkey=npgld98wmyjjhqsmpc4v6kjjs&dl=0

1.Please download the document though the link via your computer/laptop.

2.Please make sure to format the USB drive(FAT32 Format)/SD card before copying the update file to it.

3.Please ONLY put Update.zip file into the USB drive/SD card,and then insert the USB drive to the USB cable.

*Please note that all data on this unit needs to be wiped before updating the system, so back up important datif necessary.

• Thanks. I'll download it when I get home from work.

• OK. I downloaded the file and followed the directions in the message above. I selected the update to wipe the unit before updating. The unit took the update without a problem. Now I have several other problems after the update. I'll list them.  All after the update.

Oh, the update did fix the original problem and now I can change the boot logo to a custom one.

1. Firsts is that now the Bluetooth keeps stopping. Andriod Auto will not work now because this message keeps popping up. You have to press "Close app" many times before it goes away then it pops up again. It also pops up in the Scout map.

2. In the Scout NAV all the roads are "Unnamed roads" Seems like the NAV needs to be upgraded again but the settings say the system is up to date.

3. Aslo in Scout NAV the roads seem to just end.

4. I included a picture of the"About" screen which shows the version.

This seemed like an old update. I looked in the update.zip file and all the files were dated from 2008. Was this a really old version I put on? Is the Bluetooth still running 5.0? Is there a file I could update the Scout NAV with? Did the update over write the NAV progarm? If these issues are not fixable, I'll have to send the unit back. As is it's not functioning like before the update.

I'm hoping these issues can be fixed.

Bluetooth Stops

Unnamed Roads

Roads end

Scout NAV Version

Mark

• @Mark Herms For the bluetooth error notification, we have reflected to our manufacturer for further assistance. As to the navigation, we are wondering if you preferred to upgrade the UI to vivid 10 which has online google map, or you can download online google map on the scout which has the latest map. Your understanding will be appreciated.

• I need offline maps because I don't use my phone as a Hotspot. Fixing the Scout maps would be best. It's a feature of the unit. Also part of what I paid for. Does Vivid have an offline NAV like Scout? Google maps is already on the scout as an option for navigation. But again I don't have a Hotspot phone. 

I would like all the applications and bluetooth work like it did before.  Is there a way to uninstall the upgrade? Go back to the working version? I can deal without having a custom boot logo.

Should I try to install the upgrade.zip file again?

If Vivid has offline maps then I could upgrade to that OS.

The bluetooth issue makes car play unusable so using Google maps that way won't work. 

We'll have to figure something out. 

Mark

• I was looking up Vivid head units on Amazon and it looks like the Vivid OS does have offline nav like Scout.  If I'm reading that correctly. 

If so could you send me a link to download Vivid 10. I'll see if that solves the problems I'm having. 

Thanks,  Mark

• @Mark Herms As to the scout nav, we have feedbacked our programmer. In this case, we just wondering if you could download offline google or waze map this while which can help indentify the new roads.  

• I can give it a try.

Thanks,  Mark

• @Mark Herms THese units are Android units and there are plenty of offline navigation apps on the play store that you can try (Here Maps, Sygic (limited  on free version but offline maps are available).

Vivid OS does NOT have an offline navigation. It has a GoogleMaps widget that opens the google maps app when pressed.

MAX, Vivid and Scout versions are just the MAX version with specific launcher and customization by Telenav. so basically, the errror you found on the blueooth has been recplicated on MAX and Vivid Versions.,... Vivid version just released a new build (20230801) with the Bluetooth error solved. Anyway, despite the bluetooth error message, Android Auto and bluetooth works perfectly, at least for the trials i did (over Vivid version). If you are having issues with Android Auto it could be due to other problem

Remember. If you move between MAX/VIVID/SCOUT versions , select to wipe data during installation.

PS. Dont rely on the dates of the files inside the update.zip.... the real updated files are compressed into the files contained into the update.zip. it seems that the tool the developers use for building the rom is not dating correctly the packages.

• I looked into offline google maps. It only does small portions of a local area. I downloaded Sygic before and I couldn't find a map of Noth America or US just a lot of other countries. It's probably there I just  didn't see it.

I don't mind downloading and using a different app. The head unit should be working properly not applying workarounds.  I didn't pay to apply workarounds. I'm trying to be patient. I appreciate the help from support. Also your help.

Android Auto works fine but every few seconds the Bluetooth error message pops up and doesn't go away until you press close app. So Android Auto basically is useless or I would use it.

I'm going to try installing the update again to see if it works this time. I did wipe the option last time.

I'll let you know what happens.

Mark

• I upgraded the unit again. After it restarted after the install I connected it to my wifi at the house. Right away it started a software upgrade to 3.6.79. I did a few initial tests and all seemed fine.

Today (Friday) I went to pick something up in the car and the NAV and bluetooth were working. On the way home the NAV and bluetooth started with the same problems, Bluetooth keeps stopping and the NAV said Unnamed Road. I also tried to put in my home address in the NAV but it couldn't find my address. I downloaded Sygic to use that NAV instead of SCOUT but it expires in 6 days. You have to purchase the app. Same with Android Auto, the bluetooth keeps stopping message keeps coming up.

Are there any software patches yet from the programmers?

Mark

• Looking around in the forum, it looks like the bluetooth problem has been around for over a year. Seems like there is an issue with the WQ_RF210 chip. Not sure what's going on with the NAV though.

Do they have a fix yet?

Mark

• I mentioned above that when the update finished . After it restarted after the install I connected it to my wifi at the house. Right away it started a software upgrade to 3.6.79. I found out what the problem is. After it automatically downloads and installs SCOUT 3.6.79 the offline map becomes online only! That's why it's not working correctly. I can't put in a destination and the roads say "Unnamed Road" but when the unit is connected to wifi the NAV works great. 

Here is a question for Support. The bluetooth is still not working correctly on SCOUT. I'm tired of messing with this unit not working. I read in a different post that the bluetooth issue was fixed in Vivid 10? @Iker Gomez mentioned Vivd does not have  offline maps but I can download and pay for Sygic NAV and use that offline. 

Can Support Dasaita let me download the fixed bluetooth version of Vivid 10?

Would that be possible? I can get a working OS and bluetooth and purchase Sygic for offline NAV.

Thanks, Mark

• 1 / 2