Bluetooth and SCOUT maps not working

• Finally!! 😀 It's working like it should.  Let me map out the steps I had to do to get it to work.

1. Downloaded and installed the 0808 SCOUT OS 10 update.zip file. That file fixes the bluetooth bug and the custom logo.
    2. Downloaded the TelenavMapData.tar.gz file support emailed me. Support said you have to unzip it and install it but you have to do more than that.
      1. Download the file. use a program to unzip the .gz. (7-zip)
      2. After it unzips the file is TelenavMapData.tar
      3. Then you need to unpack the .tar file. I used 7-zip to do that. It's a large tar file so it takes a while to un-tar.
      4. When the .tar file is done unpacking you end up with a TelenavMapData folder with 6 files in it.
      5. Copy that folder (TelenavMapData) to a usb stick, take it to the unit and copy it to Flash using FileBrowser. It should look like the picture above from support when finished copying.
      6. After it copies to Flash, restart the unit. Then the offline maps will start to work. 

Everything seems like it's working. Offline maps, on-line maps, gps, wifi, radio, all working properly. This took about a month to get resolved but hopefully anyone else that has these issues can get them resolved quicker.

Thank you Support for working with me and getting everything resolved! I appreciate all your help.

Now that everything is working, I should be able to turn on the Automatic Updates and let the unit upgrade to SCOUT OS 3.6.79, correct?

Thanks again!

Mark

• @Mark Herms Of course you can update the online SCOUT OS.

• 2 / 2