Internet connection failing, lots of other issues

• A couple of months ago I bought a Dasaita Vivid 11. When I was on holidays, Spotify app stopped working. I switched to Amazon Music as I was planning to switch services anyway. After a while, the search function of the Amazon Music app stopped working (always showed a "loading" spinner). I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and now I can't login because it says it has no internet connection. It's strange because it lets me input my username and password, but fails with the internet connection error after entering the two factor authentication code, despite it being correct.

If I open chrome browser, Internet doesn't work either despite WiFi being connected. It happens both on my phone hotspot and on my garage WiFi. If I clear Chrome cache, it starts working for like 5 minutes, and then it stops again.

Despite this, Google Maps seems to work well and updates traffic, and I can download apps from google play with no issues.

I also have issues with other apps: Sygic won't even start (it shows an error). HereWeGo worked at first, but recently it refuses to get the GPS position and gets stuck wherever I started the car.

I decided to the hell with everything and tried just using android auto with Zlink, but as soon as I start moving the car, a message that says "return to home soon" appears, and the radio returns to the launcher. It doesn't really close android auto because music keeps playing, but it makes it totally useless. If I open it again it works for a few seconds before showing the message and closing again.

I'm absolutely tired of fiddling with this thing. I have no idea what the hell is happening... apps start working and after a few weeks everything starts breaking down for no apparent reason.

Is my radio faulty? I can't understand what's happening. It makes absolutely no sense.

• @Artur Mauri For the return to home issue...

Go to Vivid Settings
    Features on left menu/General on top menu
    "Auto return home page" set to never.

It's a "feature" that is dumbly set on by default.
    I guess the use case is for something like going to a music app, picking a song, and then it will auto go back to the home page without needing user interaction. But, the default should be for not having a launcher automatically making actions like that, especially when it breaks other features like ZLink.

• @Artur Mauri Regarding to the internet issue, we are wondering if you have well positioned the wifi antenna on the back side. If not, please pull out the head unit and plug the wifi antenna tightly. 

As to the GPS associated apps, we would like to tell you that you should set the GPS mouse near the head unit which may help get better signal. 

If still no luck, would you kindly shot a long video to show us the situation that you mentioned, so that we will better locate your issue and provide further assistance. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• I am having the same problem with auto return to home, but I can not find a features tab in my Vivid11. Or any setting option for the "auto return home" feature. where is this located??? I have gone through every menu including factory settings option. Is there a more current firmware to change to car logo? I had seen a post previously about it, but the version they got was riddled with issues after they installed it.

• @Chris Faszold Please find the follow instruction. If you want to custom the car logo, please update the version to the latest. 

• Resolved. I didn't realize how many different settings menus there were.

• @Support Dasaita I am having a MAJOR issue getting my unit to allow internet from the phone or really at all. When the phone is on, it goes straight to android auto. No matter what I have tried, I can not get the unit to go online. Good wifi signal from the house, nothing. When using zlink to connect to the phone, the wifi wil not stay on, and if i manually turn it on, it kills AA then AA comes back and turns offf wifi. Turn phone off, turn on wifi, good signal, will not connect. Its like the AA is causing this problem somehow. When I first got it it worked on wifi but ever since setting up AA to work wirelessly, it just will not cooperate. I should be able to use mobile data through AA but nothing there either. I have several apps I would like to download, but it will not open the play store. PLEASE HELP. It has to be a setting issue or something, but it is like the apps are fighting and blocking eachother so the internet will not connect.

Currently, everything is working great with wireless AA with Spotify on the left, and Waze on the right. But if I go into apps, the headunit is offline, so most of that is unusable.

Walk me through step, by step how this should be set up to fully function. Wireless AA with internet access, Spotify music (playing, in background) and Waze from headunit at the same time.

• @Chris Faszold

Please kindly check if you could go to the AA settings and disable the background connection option.

By that option disabled, if Zlink is in background the WIFI will not disconnect. 

That WIFI disconnection is due to Zlink is forcing to enable the head unit WIFI Hotspot to transmit the Carplay/Android auto video signal by WIFI direct connection.

• @Support Dasaita I will try that. Also my AA just stopped connecting wirelessly. I am still having trouble getting the unit to use my phones data. If the web is only available when plugged in to a USB, I am ok with that, but I still need it to work. And Wirelessly when not using the web. What setting will not let this happen? Read almost every on e of the forum posts here related to it but no luck fixing it there either. Something has to be off by default or something?? I've tried watching videos online, and they make it look easy, but I can not figure it out on this units OS. The settings they go to to fix it, just arent where they show. Can you send me a step by step on how to set up the unit to do this?

Thank you so much for all your help. Once I fully understand how it works, I will be great!

• @Chris Faszold If you have tried but still no luck, you could send us video to further demonstrate your situation. And we could look into the issue and give you more appropriate instruction.

• @Support Dasaita I tried turning on the tether though the usb, but as soon I try to activate it, Zlink kills android auto and the usb connection. This turns the option back off making the phone think the usb was unplugged and resets. Will not auto launch anymore and the wifi connection will not restablish. I am thinking the heart of this problem is zlink. I started getting an error message saying zlink app keeps shutting down also. Is there a better software to connect the unit with? Can zlink be updated, patched, uninstalled and reinstalled current to fix all the problems I am having?

• @Support Dasaita

@Support Dasaita I tried turning on the tether though the usb, but as soon I try to activate it, Zlink kills android auto and the usb connection. This turns the option back off making the phone think the usb was unplugged and resets. Will not auto launch anymore and the wifi connection will not restablish. I am thinking the heart of this problem is zlink. I started getting an error message saying zlink app keeps shutting down also. Is there a better software to connect the unit with? Can zlink be updated, patched, uninstalled and reinstalled current to fix all the problems I am having?

• @Support Dasaita zlink or Vivid 11 is rejecting the phones internet it seems

• @Chris Faszold Would you mind sending us a video so that we could forward to our technician for assistance, your cooperation will be appreciated?

• @Support Dasaita I'll try. only video camera i currently have is my phone, so.... Is there a way to chat directly with tech support?

• @Chris Faszold Sorry that our tech support engineer are Chinese, we would like to interprete their suggestion and given you more appropriate instruction.

• Did this ever get resolved?  I am having same issues

• @Mike Justis Please let us know your current issue, we will look into and give you instruction.

• @Mike Justis No. It stands to reason, that if there are a series of settings for my set up to make it work with an Samsung S8 Active, that should be pretty standard. This should not be a huge issue.

• @Chris Faszold Have you tried with another phone and did it have same issue?