Another Black Screen with a Blank, Working Display and Buttons

• I purchased my PX6 Max10 in December 2020 and the experience has been mostly fantastic (Amazon Order# 112-0171974-5943430).  However, for the last 2-3 months the screen will go black randomly; not the kind of randomly it has done for the past couple years where it will go out for a second or two every few minutes, but now it does not come on at all most times and very occassionally the screen will be on and either faded or bright/normal.  Whenever the screen is black, the unit is ON, in that the side buttons are lighted, pressing the screen makes beeps, and I'm always able to play radio (FM) or bluetooth music from my phone.  I'm currently running Max10 Version HA3_rk3399_10.0 (20220824+BT and Mic pack) and MCU 3.78.  I have tried to reset the unit and also press long enough to get into recovery mode, but like other users have said, the screen is black so I don't know if I'm in that mode.  I recently removed the unit and checked all the wires and cables and everything is tight.  The screen does not flicker or come on/go off due to bumps in the road.  Any help is appreciated!

• @John Donnelly In this case, we are wondering if you could try to update the firmware and the latest MCU.

4.04 MTCH

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ku98xsv0pui1sf1s87wtn/hmcu.img?dl=0&rlkey=9nl9qag8r6izh04uodx7tj19q

HA3_rk3399_10.0_ota(20230803) 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/sy068zz4tgokutkfhuwkt/update.zip?rlkey=uuhukuun3882rz4cyqxsgs9k6&dl=0

• @Support Dasaita i dont think he has a MTCH MCU. I think it is MTCE, so no new updates exist for MTCE

• You are correct, Iker that my machine is MTCE.  When i started up my truck today the display actually came on so I updated the firmware to 20230803 per your request.  I did not check the box to erase everything.  Not sure if I was supposed to.  I do not normally do that as I don't want to have to reinstall and log into all my apps.  After the update, everything seemed fine for about 10 minutes then a loud, high-pitched sound came out of the speakers.  It would not lower with the volume or mute controls.  I was driving so I could not turn off the truck so I pressed the reset button until the radio shut off.  I pressed the reset button again to turn on the unit and the screen was black with a white halo inside (see pic).Light Halo

• When the screen isn't completely black it might also look like this, too.Bright Halo

• MCU Info

MCU Info

• @John Donnelly We are wondering when did you take this MCU screenshot, did the screen come back to normal or the screenshot you took it before the screen turned blank?

• @John Donnelly I recommend you to reapply the update, but ENSURE the erase checkbox is enabled in order to discard any software issue.

It seems to me that some overheating of the CPU is happening...i recommend you to install CPU-Z app to monitor the CPU temperature. It should not exceeed from 85ºC

If so....possible solutions:

1) Easy: Replace the Thermal Paste between the CPU and the Heat diffuser. Perhaps the paste is dry and is lost the effectiveness..

2) Not so Easy: Add a 12V CPU Fan to ensure a correct cooling.

• @Support Dasaita Thank you for the continued support.  The MCU screenshot photo was taken after the 20230803 firmware update.  Overall, the screen has been 'on' for about 75% of the time since the update, but it still is not 100% like it was from 6 to 30 months ago.

@Iker Gomez I appreciate the continued support.  I will reinstall the 20230803 firmware AND check the box to erase everything.  I will also install the app to monitor the temperature.  Hoping I don't have to take apply any of the possible solutions you shared as I'm not very comfortable handling the inside electronics.  I will provide an update ASAP. 

THANKS TO BOTH!

• Well, I wiped the HU clean and reinstalled the aformentioned firmware and I still have the screen issues.  I don't think it is running hot as its been pretty cold where I live lately and the screen feels cool to the touch.  I did send the temp monitoring app to the HU but it hasn't been on since for me to check anything out.  Any other ideas?

What would need to be replaced at this point?  Would it be the touch digitizer screen, mother board, or something else? @Support Dasaita it would be great if you could send me a replacement for this very young, faulty HU?

• @John Donnelly recently I was told about several reports of Black screens....as far as I know Dasaita developers found were the bug come.from and it will be corrected.

I don't know if it is your specific case but it would wait for the next firmware updates in order this bug solution could be implemented 

• Thank you, @Iker Gomez I will look for them.  Do you have a rough timing?  I'm hoping this will fix the problem but I'm not very optimistic.  The screen has not come on since I erased and reinstalled the firmware.

@Support Dasaita @Dasaita Official what is the company willing to do to help me out.  The unit was barely 2.5 years old when the screen started going out for significant periods of time.  I'm hoping a new head unit can be sent out on good faith.  Please let me know as it is extremely difficult to drive safely without a backup camera or having to look at a small phone for directions, etc instead of the larger screen in your head unit.  Thank you in advance.

• @John Donnelly We are wondering if you mean that you update the the firmware, the system still turn black intermintantly. You could send us a video to further demonstrate the situation, we could judge if it's software associated or hardware issue. 

In the meanwhile, we are wondering if you want new head unit, we are going to launch new firmware in the coming days with Qualcomm 665 chipset. Please let us know if you are interested in it. We could make further recommendation.

• @Support Dasaita there is no change since the update of the firmware.  The screen was on for one or two days and remains off and has not come on since the then, which was about a week ago.  I'd be interested in a new head unit since this one has been so problematic and unsafe to use.

• @John Donnelly Thank you for your trust and interest in our new product, here is the listing for the head unit which is compatible with your car(HA5440-G12-CP-HD).

https://www.dasaita.com/products/dasaita-android12-car-stereo-for-toyota-tundra-sequoia-2007-2018-wireless-carplay-android-auto-car-radio-qualcomm-665-10-2-qled-screen-wifi-4g-lte-4g-8g-64g-256g-dsp-gps-navigation-head-unit-optical-output?_pos=3&_sid=c403d8fb2&_ss=r&variant=44088339398874

Please feel free to place an order and note that as it's new product which may need a few more days for replenishment. Your understanding will be appreciated. 

• @Support Dasaita thank you for sharing the link.  The new unit looks like a nice upgrade.  Since my current unit had so many problems and is no longer working I thought you were offering to send me the unit for free or with a very big discount.  If that is not the case then I am afraid that I can no longer support your brand and I will share this same information in all of the groups I post in.  I hope you understand.  You have a great product, but unfortunately, it does not last very long.

• @Support Dasaita @Dasaita Official Because the radio is no longer operable after only two years, I was hoping you could share with me a discount code for the new unit (HA5440-G12-CP-HD) and I will purchase it today.  Thank you for your consideration.

• @Support Dasaita @Dasaita Official  when will G12 be available on Amazon?  I'd like to purchase an extended warranty that is not available thru Dasaita.

• @John Donnelly We would like to tell you that the warranty is 1 year in both our official store and Amazon store. The G12 will launch in the Amazon later. You could just feel free to place the order from our store and to enjoy the head unit in advance.

• @Support Dasaita - I understand that in both places the warranty is 1 year; however, in Amazon you can purchase a 3 year extended warranty for $60 thru Asurion.  It's the only way I would purchase another Dasaita since they simply don't seem to have the longevity since mine only lasted 2.5 years.  Roughly how long until it is on Amazon?