Audio Stuttering with Wireless Connection

• Based on what I've found in other forums, I don't believe this issue is unique to Dasaita head units but is anybody else having issue with periodic audio "stuttering" when connected via wireless?  Once it starts, it also seem like the head unit is very unresponsive.

I can't find any rhyme or reason as to what causes it.  When it starts, however, I can simply disable WiFi on the phone, wait a second or two, re-enable it, and AA reconnects and works find for anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.

I've found numerous pages and posts with "things to try" but nothing that conclusively fixes the issue.

It goes without saying that it's incredibly frustrating.

• @Emmett Pate Hi there, the issue that you mentioned has already been resolved, you could give us your current Build number and MCU so that you could send you the compatible firmware. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• You have made my day!

Build number: rk3399-userdebug 10 QQ2A.200305.004.A1 eng.hct2.20231023.100128 test-keys

MCU version: MTCE_HA_V3.78_1 (May 31 20212 20:01:07)

• @Emmett Pate

Please upda the firmware Vivid 10 VersionMake Sure your unit is PX6 Andorid 10

telenav_vivid_rk3399_10.0_ota(20231102)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v7707hov1gkj950zpt0pc/update.zip?rlkey=h0qynk6ehsy91yto3ka4frgt0&dl=0

If you have already updated, but the problem persist, you could record a video, so that we could forwarded to our engineer for further assistance.

• Unfortunately, I have to report that the update did not fix the issue.  The next time it happens, I'll record a video.  How long should it be and where should I send it?

Emmett

• @Emmett Pate Please record a video to show the whole procedure, so that we could diagnose accordingly and will forward to our manufacturer in the meanwhile.

• @Emmett Pate Hi there, we are wondering if you have tried with another Android phone to check if there is same problem.

• Here's a link to a video that includes the "stuttering". 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VJcvs985g_tMMN6EaO9v241f5yM0V18C/view?usp=sharing

Although not shown in the video, all I have to do is disable WiFi for a couple of seconds, turn it back on, and AA reconnects and the stuttering is gone.  It'll then work for anywhere from a few seconds to several hours.

I don't have another phone to test with but this particular phone (Pixel 7 Pro, Android 14, Android Auto 10.9.134544) has been on both Verizon and now using Google Fi with the same issue so it's not related to the carrier.

The only other thing I can add is that when the stuttering begins, the head unit seems to be somewhat unresponsive as if some process is running with a very high load.  The moment WiFi is disabled (on the phone), the head unit responds as usual.

• @Emmett Pate We have forwarded the issue to the manufacturer to check if it's firmware related or software related issue.

• @Emmett Pate Our manufacturer said that you could clear the cache of the BT in the stereo and then reboot your phone to reconnect the Android auto. If no luck, please try with other Android phone, would you lend from your friend or family member to verify the issue?

If other phone has same issue, please kindly check if the Wifi antenna on the back side is loose or not, or you even have not connected it. 

Thirdly, it the above procedure finished but the problem persists, we assume that maybe firmware related issue. 

• How do you "clear the cache of the BT in the stereo"?  Do mean simply remove this particular bluetooth connection from head unit and then re-establish the connection?

I'll see if I can borrow some older phone (assuming it will work with my SIM card) and see what happens.

• @Emmett Pate Please go to Apps&Notification of the settings page on the stereo find Bluetooth, then clear the cache.

• Unfortunately, clearing the BT cache did not fix the issue.  I went ahead and cleared the Zlink cache as well with the same results.

I will point out that I've also tried disabling bluetooth once the WiFi connection is established.  The audio stuttering still occurs so it seems to me that the issue is strictly related to WiFi.  The following screenshot shows two AndroidAP showing up when connected.  It's always that there are two and the one in use always says "Low Quality" even though the signal strength is high.

I'm still trying to find a phone that will accept my SIM card that I can borrow for testing.

• @Emmett Pate We are wondering if you have tried with wired Android auto and it has no stuttering noise. It would be helpful if you could verify with another phone, we will await for your response.

• I occasionally connect via USB and have never had the stuttering issue.  It appears to be strictly related to WiFi connectivity.

Still trying to find another phone for testing.

• @Emmett Pate Hope you could try with another phone soon.

• Hopefully this won't jinx it, but since installing the December 5, 2023 Android security update, I have not had any WiFi stuttering issues.  Maybe this was strictly an Android WiFi issue.

• @Emmett Pate "I have not had any WiFi stuttering issues.  Maybe this was strictly an Android WiFi issue." Do you mean that your issue has been resolved?

• As I said, I havent' had any audio stuttering since the December 5, 2023 Security Update was installed.  That doesn't mean it won't happen, but it's been a week with no issue.

• @Emmett Pate Hi there, I wanted to follow up now that it appears to be a month or so since your last update. Has the audio stuttering come back or has it been good? Thanks!

• 1 / 2