Steering wheel buttons problem

• Hi,

My steering wheel buttons partly work. The buttons in the red marks work fine but the button on the blue side doesn't work as well at all(see pic below).

What can be the problem?

Vehicle: Toyota Corolla 2013(E170)

Thank alot

• @Kostia Borisyk We are wondering if you could go to Factory settings > enter 126 > Canbus > choose option 8.

If no luck, please manually study the steering wheelkey.

1) Settings > Car > Factory settings > Others > Steering wheel keys assign > SWC Key > Apply > Exit(Restart)

2) Settings > Car > Steering Wheel Keys > start to program OR just open App "Wheelkey Study" to program

• HI,

The Canbus option was already chosen. I tried to set SWC Key but the still the same buttons work as previously and I can't program the buttons.

Maybe it harnesses connection issues?

• @Kostia Borisyk We are wondering if you could send us your order number and a photo of your OEM head unit as well. Please confirm if your car has these OEM Features-- Steering Wheel Control/ Factory Camera / Amplifier (with or without)

In this case, we will check if our stereo is compatible with your car. Your prompt reply will be appreciated. 

• Hi,

I'd purchase from Aliexpress.

My car has Steering Wheel Control and a Factory Camera.

How do i know about amplifier?

• I don't know about your toyota model. I had similiar problem installing in my Honda. Steering wheel buttons did not work. After weeks of research I discovered that the Honda Blue Tooth radio, that is used by those three buttons, is seperate from the Honda radio that Dasaita replaced. It is located in a weired spot, but the point is, is, that those three steeringwheel buttons for phone went to the bluetooth radio. I unplugged that radio and discovered which pin needed to be connected to Key 1 of Dasaita. So you need to do some research to understand how  toyota for your model connected the wires from those three buttons. You may need to find schematics. I did and I saw immediately the resistor network for those three buttons was different than the network for the other buttons that worked. I'm trying to dumb down this response.

• @Jonathan Liss thank for your response.

Maybe you can explain more ditelied how to identify the correct wires on dasaita harnesses please?

• @Kostia Borisyk Could you send us your order number and the pinout of the OEM head unit?

• @Kostia Borisyk I cannot identify the dasaita harness. I was sent schematics for the harness in Chinese from Dasaita and I was able to display the cad drawings, but I don't read Chinese :(.

But that is not my point. My point is that I found schematics of the Honda radio on-line and from that I was able to determine why or shall I say how, the steering wheel buttons get connected, and I could those pin on the Honda cable and connected to Key 1, labeled on the Dasaita cable. I suggest you find the schematics for the Toyota steering wheel to determine where the buttons go, remembering that the steering wheel has a "clock spring" in side, perhaps, and if you find a schematic you need to find clock spring sometimes called steering wheel ribbon. I am assuming Toyota works this way, my Honda and old Chrysler did.

• Thanks, everyone. The problem is solved!
    When I tried to identify the correct pins on the Dasatia harness, I found that 2 pins were slightly bent and phissicly were disconnected.
    Now, all the buttons on the steering wheel work perfectly.