G12 new added function: 4G LTE phone calls

• We would like to inform you that inserting a SIM card not only allows you to use online data but also enables you to make phone calls and send messages using the SIM card.

Ensure that the SIM card you are using is compatible with the head unit. Take note of the minimum size supported. When inserting the SIM card, make sure it is inserted slightly into the slot and in the correct position. A click sound may indicate that it has been properly inserted.

Please note that previous versions of the head unit may not have these functions. To activate them, ensure that your head unit is G12, the current Build number is after December 2023, and the current MCU version is 4.09 or later.

If you are unsure about how to activate this function, please feel free to leave a message for our customer service. We are more than happy to provide further instructions and assist you in resolving any issues you may encounter.

• I have the new Android 12 version with LTE. When I'm using the LTE it is very intermittant. It will connect and stay connected for 2-5 minutes but then disconnect. To get it to connect again I have to turn the SIM off and then back on again in the settings. My MCU is 4.09b. 

• @Michael Uribe Regarding to your case, we are wondering if you could send us a video to further demonstrate the issue, we will forward to the manufaturer for further instruction.

• Here is a link to a video of the issue. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yzo4uBcGQtGy7wPS8

I have tried different SIM cards but still have the same issue. The LTE will disconnect after about 2 minutes and I have to turn the SIM off and on again to get it to reconnect. After it reconnects it will disconnect again after 2 minutes. 

• Estas usando Carplay o Android Auto.

• Hi all,

I just installed a G12 on a2022 Toyota rav 4  . Installed sim and  activated as described . I can now recieve texts and calls and make calls and send texts  from the head unit,but I have 2 issues 

1st ,when receiving at text on my head unit, I get no sound notification. I do however get a sound notification if the text app is open on the foreground of thr head unit though.

2nd when receiving a call on the head unit, I don't have any sound on my car speakers during the conversation. It shows incoming call,I answer ,but no sound to car speakers. Also when I reply on my head unit to the caller they say they don't hear me at all. I installed an app to test my microphone on the head unit and the microphone works fine. Plus no other audio issues on and media apps,or YouTube,  only phone app has issue. No sound no microphone 

• @Daniel Alvarado Hi there, please update the MCU to Version 4.09 and rebooth the head unit to check if the problem could be resolved or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7v9tksr64ugrn4u1z91zx/hmcu.img?rlkey=8oyn1n7vg8ouki767u9ux4x6z&dl=0

• @Support Dasaita hi I got it installed ,people can now hear me now when I get a call or make a call.

Still though ,no notification when receiving a message via messages, but when messages app is open and is on the foreground I get sound notification,  when app is minimized and I am at the home screen I don't get a notification sound But that is livable for me ,for now

• @Daniel Alvarado Hi we would like to tell you if you insert the sim card and use the head unit as a phone there will not have message notification. We will need to improve the function in the future. If you use online chatting apps, it will have due to the settings on the apps.

Do you have any other issue?

• @Support Dasaita hi ,I found an alternative,  installed an app called shouter, which reads all notifications aloud, it actually works very well! When I recieve a text message ,shouter reads who sent it and entire message, email, misssed calls, etc, along with Google assistant,  to open apps, but just saying " open outlook, open messages, tec. Those two apps makes this unit amazing, just like using a cell phone,  with out any connected cell phone to it.  

• @Daniel Alvarado Are you in the US, if so what wireless service did use for the Dasaita? Is it a phone or tablet plan from the provider? I am struggling to get it connected because of the 14 digit IMEI number. 

• @Adam Rosenthal For me, phone line from T-Mobile. Calls, data and SMS all work. Activated in an old iPhone before putting SIM in the G12. 

• @Daniel Alvarado Thank you for your recommendation.

• @Adam Rosenthal hi, am un U.S Texas, I have AT&T but thier network says device not compatible with thier system. So, I went to mint mobile,only becuase i was able to get a mint mobile sim at best buy( 2$) plus a 1week free trial not strings attached and it work fine on my unit

• @Support Dasaita  what did your engineer say because a couple users are telling me there's 15 digits is there anyway you could send me a phone number update to fix the IMEI

• @Adam Rosenthal The G12 has 15 digits, here is the coreboard which shows that. We are wondering if you could further demonstrate your issue.

• @Support Dasaita I can't open my unit to look but look at the pictures. When I go into the settings it shows the IMEI and the one that says ATT has 14 digits. The ATT card does not work. I took it from my phone and  inserted it into the SIM slot.

• @Adam Rosenthal  hi AT&T  blocks alot of phones with 4G and 3g capabilities only, when they moved to 5g. Even though sim works on phone ,the other  device has to be on thier white list to be able  to use on thier AT&T  network, it sucks they seem to be only one who does that. 

• @Adam Rosenthal Please kindly send us the current Build Number and MCU version in the same time.

• Firmware

@Support Dasaita Here is my current firmware. I have a 14 digit IMEI and cant use it with a SIM.

Also, I bought the new cable from you to bring your own mic. I bought a hi-end mic but people complain they can barely hear me with or without Car Play. I went into the settings and turned the mic to 12. The Mic is 6 inches away from me. I struggle with my old PX6. @Support Dasaita . Frustrating. Any help would be appreciated

• 1 / 2