Microphone Apple CarPlay Issue (Zlink app)

• When using the phone with carplay, the other person can't hear me properly when I am driving car. They can hear well when my car is stationary. 

I have a 2017 toyota camry car, and i have installed Dasaita PX6 installed 2 years ago.

I have tired a different fixes for it.

1. Tried using external microphone with it attached to my steering, but no improvement in audio.

2. Removed external microphone and still no improvement in audio.

3. Tried looking for any setting to control which mic to use, but don't see in the version I have. (I have Andriod 10 version).

I saw some other post with the exact same issue, and I also noticed that they are using much latest version of the vivid os and still facing the same issue. So I am wondering if I should update my os to the latest or is there any better fix?

• @Santosh Kumar Please kindly send us your order number and go to Settings > About Machine to send us the current Build Number and MCU version. It probably associates with the firmware.

• @Support Dasaita Here are the requested details.

Order Placed: November 20, 2021
    Amazon.com order number: 113-4716277-8082626

build and mcu version

• @Support Dasaita I tried downloading using the dropbox link, but I don't see the dmcu file. I only see the udpate.zip file.

• I was able to install the firmware update by just using the update.zip file. 

I will check out the microhpone issue and will update if the microphone issue if fixed or not by tomorrow.

I have couple of questions.

1. After installing the update, I don't see Totyota logo anymore.  I checked the factory setting and I only "Android" image, all the car logos are missing. Anyway I can get the Toyota car logo?

2. Also after updating I still see the android version is "10". Is it possible for me to get the latest android version?

Here is the screenshot of build and kernel after update:

• @Support Dasaita Hi, today I tried making a phone calling with apple car play, and the external microphone placed closer to steering. Actually the other person is hearing a very bad quality sound when the car is moving. There is lot of background noise as well, and its very bad experience for the caller. I had this issue for a long time now. Can you pelase suggest a good fix for this. Thanks!

• @Santosh Kumar

Hi, we are wondering if just the Carplay have bad sould quality, if you use the bluetooth call, please let us know if the situation the same.

As to the Toyota logo, here is the instruction of how to change it.

1. Please download the carlogo.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/g64qdth4vt97ssb0yrhg9/Toyota.bmp?rlkey=wx67gyr9c0xlb9elwvasxn3cx&dl=0

2. Please kindly go to Factpry settings > enter 126 > Carlogo and change it to the Toyota one.

• @Support Dasaita Hi, I have tried today using bluetooth call (non carplay). The sound quality is same as the carplay call. There is a very bad background noise when the car is moving, the call sound is only better when the car is stationary. I have tried all different ways with and without external mic, using bluetooth and car play call. There seems to be not much difference. Please provide a fix.

• @Santosh Kumar Sorry that it must be hardware associated issue. In this case, we would like to tell you that we have launched new series G12, please let us know if you want to get an upgraded one. 

https://www.dasaita.com/products/dasaita-android-12-car-stereo-for-toyota-camry-2015-2017-wireless-carplay-android-auto-car-radio-10-2-head-unit

• @Support Dasaita Hi, I have already spent more than 600$ for my current head unit 2 years ago. And I had this issue since the beginning, its just that I was not aware of this forum to discuss. I don't have the budget to buy another head unit. Please suggest alternate help to fix the issue. Thanks!

• @Santosh Kumar Sorry that the Unit has stopped being produced now. In this case, we would like to give you 10% off for the new order if you would like to have one. Would you kindly accept it? 

• @Support Dasaita Unfortunately, even with the 10% discount, a new unit is still out of my budget. It's frustrating to experience ongoing issues despite having paid the full price due to product hardware issues.

• @Santosh Kumar Hi customer, we are wondering if you could remark our head unit after you received the head unit. In this case, we could give you 10% discount, after we received your shared experience of the new item, we will give you 5% discount of your order. Your prompt reply will be appreciated. (It will be helpful if you could share some photos.)