HCT PX6 Android 11 firmware update after getting boot-loop resulted in black screen with no recovery menu

• Vehicle and Order info:

• November 21, 2023
    • Amazon Order # 112-4034631-5024230 
    • Product title: Dasaita Android 11 Head Unit for Toyota 4Runner Replacement Radio 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Wireless Carplay Android Auto GPS Navigation Bluetooth 5.0 4G+64G PX6 DSP 10.25" Touchscreen
    • Product link: https://a.co/d/eKVdMOj
    • Installed in 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Product

Installed unit in late November and have had no issues beyond functionality annoyances (like night dimming not working). 

Boot loop issue encoutnered last week - factory reset fixed it: 

Last weekend I got into the truck and turned it on. Got stuck in a boot loop (Dasaita logo -> Android 11 logo -> Android 11 starting -> loop). 
    I didn't have time to investigate so I headed home. About 15 minutes into the drive, it finally 'corrected' itself and booted up normally.

This behavior of looping for 10-20 minutes then booting up continued for a couple more drives (vehicle being turned off for at least 30 minutes in between each drive). 

Removed the fuse for ~3 minutes and was able to enter the recovery menu. Completed a factory reset as well as a clear of the partion and then a reboot. 
    This is the screenshot PRIOR to doing the factory reset:

I was able to reconnect (no more boot loop) and configure it for car play via zlink. The system connected to my wifi and I did an update. 

Truck was good for a couple of days (multiple drives during that time). 

About 5 days after the above factory reset, Android failed to load (screenshot below).

This menu was unresponsive, clicking a button (even long-pressing) just turned the display off and on. I could not select 'try again' or cycle down to the 'factory data reset' option. 

This is a pic of what that screen looked like:

I drove home, removed the fuse for ~3 minutes and was able to get the unit to respond and re-enter the recovery menu. 

Attempted another factory reset and reboot. Following the same steps as last week.
    The result was the same boot loop as before (Dasaita logo -> Android 11 logo -> Android 11 starting -> loop).

Since a factory reset fixed the boot loop last week, I attempted a SECOND factory reset and parition clear.

This appeared to complete successfully and again returned to the recovery menu. I told the system to "reboot system now".

Same result of the boot loop (Dasaita logo -> Android 11 logo -> Android 11 starting -> loop).

Still in boot loop hell, I decided that I would update the firmware. Now black screen and no recovery menu:

Found this page: 
    https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/36770/firmwares

And selected this firmware for HCT PX6 Android 11 which is what my product is: 
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m46csbzrmi7jub7/HCT8_rk3399_11.0_ota%2820220412%29%E5%8D%87%E7%BA%A7%E5%8C%85.zip?dl=0

Then selected to update from the USB.
    It said the update was successful and returned to the recovery menu.

After the update, I selected to do a reboot (still from the recovery menu) and now it's a black screen and I can no longer enter the recovery menu. 
    I get the flashing lights when I hold reset for ~20 seconds (see video) but can no longer get into the recovery menu as I did before.

Help?

Video of current behavior after updating the firmware:

Video demonstrats the unit when power is turned on (via the key turning to ACC) and then attempts to enter the recovery menu.

I've attmpted this multiple times with the fuse removed for 3-5 minutes in between attempts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qWcJNioOpGNzG-udK3fwn6tN3ZCyd8yq/view?usp=sharing

I've spent a lot of time troubleshooting and verifying the steps and am stuck.
    Please help.

• @jay g We are wondering if you have update the MCU in the same time in this issue. Could you please write an email to the according Amazon store, email address: saitanavi@outlook.com

Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• I did not update the MCU.
    I will send an email to saitanavi@outlook.com and link this thread.

• @Dasaita Official is this the standard support procedure for Dasaita technical problems?

I'm a bit sketched out by the PayPal request.

Per support, I contacted saitanavi@outlook.

The person has responded to my messages within 24 hours each day. There's a language barrier so it's been slow.

I was instructed to check the wiring inside the radio (not the harness that connects to the truck) and sent a Dropbox video for how to do it. 
    Well it's not the wiring.

After that, I was told these are my options:

• Send it back to China (I pay shipping) for a free repair. I asked how long the repair would take but I don't think they understood so it was never answered.
    • upgrade the radio (that I bought 5 months ago) to the new model and pay the difference plus a service fee. To do so, I've been provided with an address in California to return the old one and a different outlook email to send the PayPal money to. And if the new one breaks within 5 months they'll replace it.

I haven't yet decided what to do. While I really appreciate the responses and not being ghosted, I'm very frustrated with this experience.

Ive got less than 3k (mostly highway) miles on my truck in the 5 months I've had it. 

• @Support Dasaita I should have pinged this instead of official.

Please see my post above (my most recent one).
    I want to get confirmation that this is both legit and standard procedure.

Thank you for your time.