Reboot loop - Android G12

• SKU: HA2220H2-G12-CP-HD-Plus-4
    Vehicle 2018 Toyota Tundra w/JBL Stereo 

I just installed a Dasaita Android 12 in my 2018 Toyota Tundra. When the unit first starts up it runs well. The issue I run into is when the unit performs a reboot it just keeps looping and the only way it starts to work well again is if I shut the vehicle off and do not use it for a while (over night)

The unit will loop over and over between the: 12 multi-media on-vehicle Navigation System, android black screen which just says "android" ........... after many loops it will start to add the home wallpaper Android is starting.... status bar to the loop, and momentarily start to show the android home screen with the widgets but the unit then continues to loop and never starts up.

I tried increasing the the auto sleep time to 30 minutes. But I don't think this is a start up issue but rather a rebooting issue. So when I make a change requiring a reboot it is super frustrating as the unit never reboots. I have to shut the vehicle off and just wait a long time and eventually the unit will start up and run fine. It took over night for the unit to start correctly.

I tried an RST hold for 30 sec to force Reboot and end the loop. Eventually I was success in ending the reboot loop and now the unit seems to have lost steering wheel controls and volume. We are not off to a great ownership experience here.

Start of loop
    image.png

2nd Screen of loop
    image.png

The first two screen loop a long time before the loop starts to include the next screens.

Eventually this is included in the loop but the unit never re-starts and is usable  because it just continues to loop.
    image.png

Eventually this is included in the loop but the unit never re-starts and is usable because it just continues to loop.
    image.png

• Update: I've tried several RST reboots. I've tried disconnecting the battery. I've tried pulling the fuse. The unit continues to cycle through the boot process and every so often it will behave as if is booted. Then you will start to navigate to settings and perform another function and the unit start the boot up process all over again. 

• @Support Dasaita  @Iker Gomez @Quick Yuan  - Hoping somebody can help with a rebooting G12...

Thanks for sharing this info, Nick.  I'm experiencing the same exact problem with my G12 in my 2020 Sequoia.  Never had this problem on my Max10 or Vivid11 in my 08 Sequoia.  I was going to update the firmware today, but it looks like I'm running the most current version:

Firmware:  2024.0322.133644 NA

MCU:  MTCH_HA4Z_V4.06_1

For the last 3 weeksish, I'll experience 1-3 reboots before it settles down.  Most of the time it occurs after I load the SiriusXM app and sometimes Google Maps.  Kinda hard to tell if it is anything else as I use these two apps the most.

• Build number: QCM6125 12 S10A_123 eng.hct3.20240322.133644 NA
    MCU version: MTCH_HA4Z_V4.11_1

Firmware unknown as I get get my unit not to restart long enough to get to that menu.

Right now my unit just keeps restarting over and over. At this point I'm working to update the firmware and possilbly the MCU to see if this helps. I have tried; disconnecting the vehicle battery, pulling the fuse on the unit, disconnecting and reconnnecting the unit, countless RST reboots. After all of this I performed a factory reset not knowing the what the end result would be. I did lose the IGO navigation which I didn't want anyways. But the unit is still continuing to restart/reboot over and over and over........you get the idea. I've owned 2 other brand android units in the past Dynavin and Avin. This is by far the worst owners experience to date.

• That sucks. Sorry to hear. Definitely worse than my experience. Hopefully we'll get some support soon. 

• Update: Dasaita is sent me a firmware and MCU update. MCU Version: V4.12b. I was successfully able to use the RST Reboot screen to Apply MCU from SD car or USB. I was unsuccessful to repeate this same process for the firmware. The provided downloaded document does not seem to be zipped. The document is just called carplay4.29.apk. I'm unsure at this point if I need to name the file "update" or "update.zip" for the system to recongnize the firmware update file. It took many wipe data/factory reset attempts but I have finally gotten my unit to recover enough I was able to perform some clean up and get the Touch Panel Study completed. The soft keys along the bottom are still messed up. No matter what I do it seems like the back track and forward track are reversed. The steering wheel for the same function is also reversed.MCU Updated

I'm hopeful tomorrow Dasaita will send me a new email with the firmware update and provide some feedback on ensuring the file is name correctly "update" or "update.zip". With any luck I will be able to perform this update and the system will be "function".

• @Nick O carplay4.29.apk is a zlink apk, go to Filebrowser to install it or go to Apkinstaller to install it.

• Good luck, Nick!  @Support Dasaita will u share the same with me or publish it on the firmware thread? 

• @John Donnelly Have you updated our latest release of firmware?

Android 12 Update 

G12 Version:Make Sure your unit is QCM6125 Andorid 12

zst27_sc138_12_(20240513)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/983r13vqpln7uwplyrpov/update.zip?rlkey=q9rdav1jku7ns6weibiywhd4a&dl=0

• I have been able to update the MCU and the CarPlay4.29apk.

For whatever reason I'm unable to get the firmware to update. I'm currently at (20240322). I have (20240513) if I could just get the unit to update.

I have downloaded it from dropbox. Unzipped the update file which removes the documents from the folder named update.zip. I have tried putting them in a folder named "update" and "update.zip".

I'm hopeful the CarPlay4.29 will address the issue as it seems like issue for the reboot is closely tied to the Zlink. It's almost as if when the unit is trying to connect to Android Auto it is timing out or not making the connection fast enough. This is then triggering the unit to perform the reboot. I will continue to try and update to firmware 20240513. I'm also turning off Android Auto and discconnecting my phone to see if I can root cause the reason for the reboots.

• My current state is:
    Build number: QCM6125 12 S10A_123 eng.hct3.20240322.133644 NA
    MCU version: MTCH_HA4Z_V4.12b_1

CarPlay4.29 - Zlink update

• @Nick O Please note that you don't need to unzip the update.zip file.

"I have downloaded it from dropbox. Unzipped the update file which removes the documents from the folder named update.zip. I have tried putting them in a folder named "update" and "update.zip"."

• @Support Dasaita I would recommend reviewing your informational content because it all indicates you need to use WinZip to unzip the file. I will try with the update.zip folder as downloaded.

Thank you for the clarificiation. 

• @Support Dasaita 

I was able to update the firmware. I have now updated the MCU, Firmware, and Zlink to the latest items you have shared. After the system rebooted it started to reboot loop over and over. After several cycles I ended up shutting my truck off. I then restarted the truck. The unit continued to loop between the Navigation12, black "Android" screen, Android is loading...., the unit will run for a about a minute, and the restart the loop over again. I had to rush through the Setting menu to get the image below.

Firmware update

• @Nick O Could you send us the log as we suggested in the email: support@dasaita.com

• @Support Dasaita I sent a video through email to office@dasaita.com and to support@dasaita.com.

In the morning the unit just continued to reboot over and over my entire 20 minute drive to work. This afternoon work the unit seems to have stablized and worked correctly on my drive home. I was even able to connect my phone using Android Auto and it functioned correctly. I will see if I can get into logcat in the Factory Settings.

• @Nick O We will reply you via email, thank you for your patience and cooperation.