Scout Edition and custom launcher / Dialer

•                                                             For multiple reasons I'm not a fan of the Scout launcher. I have Installed Nova Launcher which is way Easier to use but it keeps fighting with the Scout launcher. In addition the Scout shortcuticon keeps appearing over any app I open which is extremely annoying.     Is there a way to disable the Scout launcher, the shortcut icon/bubble  it keeps  displaying over  other apps, and use a third party dialer to make calls?   third party dialers don't seem to work.   

• @Keith Elkin hi you can update to the basic interface first , here is the link

(PX6 android 10) HCT7_rk3399_10.0_ota(20211109) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vd8xf4qirre8vw5/HCT7_rk3399_10.0_ota%2820211009%29%E5%8D%87%E7%BA%A7%E5%8C%85.zip?dl=0 

update steps 

https://youtu.be/G_eFU3TgxPc

• @Quick Yuan Thank you, this firmware is much better. The only thing I noticed is Waze in the Google Play store thinks it isn't compatible with this firmware and doesn't provide an install button. Is there a reason for this?

The other question I still have is, is there a way to successfully make calls with a third party dialer? Using the "Bluetooth" app is sort of quirky, are there third party dialers which work?

Lastly, I noticed the wheel key app doesn't work, it doesn't show any buttons and I need to reprogram some on my steering wheel as they aren't correct, 

thanks

• @Keith Elkin hi you can install the Waze on google play store directly , you can try install other bluetooth app . about the keys , if you car no canbus , make sure the key 1 and key 2 is connect connectly to to set up . if your car need canbus , you might need the canbus harness to support the steering wheel keys 

• @Keith Elkin I dont think third party dialers would work, as dialer is not standard android dialer...I could suggest MTCDdialer  (look for it on xda-develoers forum) that alllows using the google assisatant to make calls from the unit conctacts (offline and onlline)