Connectivity issue with Zlink app with iphone 11 pro

• Hi @Dasaita Official ,

I am having connectivity issue with my Headunit PX6 MAX10.

We using carplay wireless via zlink, one moment I am hearing music then it stops and the apple logo appears saying 'connecting'. I will only work if I turn off and on the radio. If I click the Bluetooth icon on the radio and then I can continue hearing music, I don't know if something is wrong with the head unit or is something with zlink app. Please help me with this problem. I am having this problem since I bought the radio.

• Expert
    Expert
    Expert
    Staff member

@Franklyn Thomas hi

if connect to bluetooth , it will automatically connect to wireless carplay . and the unit's original bluetooth app will not work , it will change to carplay bluetooth

• @Quick Yuan @Dasaita Official ,

Thank you for your response. But still having the main issue is the I am using wireless carplay, and then randomly it disconnects and the zlink app says Connecting and it never connects until head unit is turnedradio information off and on.

• Hello,

I have a PX6 and running the same Build number and MCU version. I am having Carplay issues. Wired Carplay is no longer working. I can get wireless to work but only for a few days. I have to remove the Carplay connection within the iPhone and reconnect which takes some time. Very frustrating. 

I have an iPhone 13 pro. I started having problems once I got the new phone. So I updated my head unit to the most recent MCU and build. I have had nothing but problems ever since. 

I have been having a weird issue with the touch screen when it is really cold outside. It acts as if someone were touching it making the screen jump all over until it warms up. Then it works fine.

Please advise,

Kevin

• I can also confirm now, that in order to get Carplay to work again, the head unit has go to through a full reboot. I used htcreboot at the factory setting input instead of the reset button or disconnecting the power. I also downloaded a reboot app and that seems to work as well.

The reboot fixed the wired Carplay connection as well. 

This fix is only temporary. It seems that I have to reboot every day. 

• Hi @Dasaita Official ,

I updated my PX6 9" to Vivid yesterday, now I cannot connect to Android Auto via wired or wireless?

Please help.

• I am having the same problem I try resetting my phone and it connects and the music plays from my phone not from the Head unit

• For the carplay wireless connection you must check two things:

1) bluetooth music connection is established between phone and headunit.

2) phone must be connected to the wifi zOne created by the headunit

• I am having the same issues too. I can't figure it out either 

• Ugh. Can someone from tech support please respond? At minimum acknowledgment and say we are working on it. Simple customer service. I am over having to reboot everyday even twice a day  

I feel bad for even posting this.  

• i have vivid ROM (from december) and the last vivid launcher updates...I can connect wired and wirelessly well my Android phone (Galaxy S10plus) to the unit.

You guys are having an odd behavior and are giving very low detail of the problem. i am not technician, but i think is is very difficult to find a solution whan the issue is "my unit connected before and now not"....so....if it was working before....it should be working. Zlink sure they test ther versions prior to be relesed. Dasaita tries the software as well with different devices.....so...it oculd be related to many possible causes:

* Change of phone firmware version....overall with Apple devices

* Some app that is interfering into the connection

*updates on the Android auto app on the phone...

I recommned to update your Units to the latest version of software available and then try to find the connection error from the same "base" version. If you go to update the firmware, i stroghly recommend to wipe data and start from fresh ROM

personally i think it is related to some corrupted connection data that stores the zlink app...i would remove the cache from Zlink app first, unpair the devices, forget all the connections to start over the connection again. Check the Android Auto app if you need to give specific permissions.

Zlink is an external app driven by an external company...for which specific hardware requirements and specific license is acquired by dasaita. Dasaita can ask for enhancements or bug repairs to zlink team, but first is needed to find the root cause.

• У меня таже проблема. Тестирую эту проблему давно. Сделал единственный вывод: у Вас проблема с подключением головного устройства по Bluetooth не только с телефоном в программе Zlink, но и с другими Bluetooth устройствами. При этом какой то системы в появлении ошибки подключения нет. Я воспользовался всеми Вашими советами: делал reset factory, переустанавливал MSU, менял систему, обновлялся - ничего не помогает. После последнего обновления появилась еще одна неприятность: Bluetooth периодически стал "заикаться", воспроизводить музыку с переывами. Так что я думаю Вам что то надо делать с Bluetooth на головном устройстве. С уважением, Сергей.

• @Kevin Hite Same problem too.....working good 1-2 days.....the "waiting" is the only message i get once i try to connect my iphone 12Pro Max. Have to restore to factory setting and pairing again. Very frustrating....no one seem to have a fix for this probelm! @Dasaita team @Dasaita Official 

• @Daniele Reali 

You have to check if the issue is the Bluetooth or the WIFI.

Does the wired Carplay works? Do you have the Bluetooth paired and connected?

On Wired & Wireless CArplay connection, the sound is transmitted by means of the Bluetooth Connection.

The video is transmitted by USB cable (Wired CArplay) or WIFI (Wireless Carplay)...

When Wireless you have to check that the Headunit is enabling a HOTSPOT WIFI connection and your Iphone accept that connection.

If you change the name or any other property of the headunit's WIFI Hotspot you will have to accept again the connection.

There is a Zlink Setting that you could try in order to enable  autoconnection. You can access to the Zlink settings on the "waiting" screen

• @Daniele Reali Funny I have been battling this for a year. The only wat to make carplay work is to do a complete reset. Do you still own the unit? Any fixes?