ZLink Android Auto is "light mode" on first boot even when headlights on

• Hi,

I have the latest software on my MAX10.  There are two ZLink problems that are still there for the past several versions, and then one new one introduced in the 20220120 update.  These problems are present on both wired and wireless AA.

Problem 1:  When I first start the car, Android Auto in ZLink is always in light/day mode even if its night time and my headlights are on.  The unit itself knows my headlights are on because the screen is correctly dimmed.  This seems to be some kind of software issue where if the headlights are already on when the unit boots up, some flag is not being set correctly and so ZLink is not aware.  I have to turn my headlights off and back on and then ZLink correctly switches Android Auto to night mode.  This only happens when the unit does a cold boot (not from sleep).

Problem #2:  When you press the google microphone button in Android Auto, it correctly lowers the audio of your music/navigation also playing in android auto.  But after Google is done speaking the response, the volume does not raise all the way back to where it was.  It requires to press the microphone again, and then a 2nd time to silence Google without getting a response.  Then the volume raises back up.

Problem #3:  After the last update, if "HD Display" is enabled in ZLink then Android Auto will not work at all wired or wirelessly.  This was working fine in December and earlier updates.

Unrelated to ZLink, but I also have a problem where if I use sleep mode instead of having the unit shut off after 30 seconds, Bluetooth will refuse to work about 1/4 of the time when I next go to use the car.  This has been a problem for as long as I had this unit.  I have the newest MCU of 3.78 but it has done it on all MCU and software versions.  Either way I don't want to use sleep mode since it uses more battery.  I figured I'd mention it incase someone else has the same problem.

• Hey , Go here , I did and now working great  

DIY: Fixing Android Auto dark theme for the car - YouTube

• @gray corgi 

Using the sleep mode is battery safe.... it just uses a few mAh when in sleep mode. Additionally, if it detects a low battery it switches off automatically

Which version you have for Zlink?

i have 4.0.32 and in HD mode works perfectly

• @Iker Gomez

When I use sleep mode, 25-50% of the time when I start the car the bluetooth will not connect no matter what.  Even if I delete phone, it never shows anything on scan and just won't work.  I tried with multiple phones too.  It's like the bluetooth module in the MAX10 just stops working.  I have to either use reset pin or HCTREBOOT command to make it work again.  It has always done this on every single software version, so that is why I do not use sleep mode.  It's probably a hardware issue but I don't feel like buying a replacement MAX10.  It would be nice to have the day/night bug fixed instead.

Currently I am using the HCT7 public fw to fix the phone call notification bug from my other thread.  That comes with ZLink 4.0.32 and it works fine in HD mode.  On the latest update MAX10 update from 20220120 it includes ZLink 4.0.39 (I think) and that is the one where HD Mode was causing a problem for me.

• Problem #2:

I have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution?