Head Unit doesn't turn on Bluetooth and Wifi

• Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help with a Android 10 Dasaita PX6 that has wifi and bluetooth issues. In only about 1 in every 10 start ups does the unit seem to even turn on wifi and BT. On the other 9 occasions it doesn't even let me switch on wifi manually and BT can neither find a phone or be found by one.

I've changed the BT settings from fsc-bw124 in the factory settings to every other option and none of them have a different result. Most don't connect at all. I've updated MCU all the way up to 3.8 in increments with the files from Dasaita and I've moved from MAX to VIVID difference in performance.

When it does connect it works without issue or interruption until powered off then its a lottery again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• @Alan O'Brien 

If your bt was configured as fsc-bw124 in factory settings....DONT CHANGE IT. along in time Dasaita is making changes in harware and introducing new hardware...The selection of proper BT is related to the chip mounted onto your motherboard, and then related to the propoer Android drivers to be loaded during boot..changing it will reault on no BT functionality.

Some ROMS have the issue of not properly set the Bluetooth permission for the BT app (affected both Stock, Vivid and Scout versions of ROM). On the last ROM (10th Feb 2022) it seems to be solved (at least for the Scout ROM i tested)...so i encourage you to move your Android system to one of the versions dated to 10th feb 2022 (check in the Frmware section of the forum)

It is important that you get updated in order community could try to find a solution for the issues found....as there are lots of older versions with issues that could be already solved. If all are under the latest version, we can reproduce the issue or just inform about a solution (if available)...

• Bluetooth is set to fsc-bw124 I was just mentioning I had tried the others just in case.

However I'm becoming convinced this is a hardware issue and I've reached out for details on how to return the unit

• @Alan O'Brien please try the latest version of vivid or scout in which this permission issue is completely solved.

Remember to upgrade by checking on the wiping data

• @Iker Gomez tried the latest version of scout and it did not resolve the issue also I'm in Ireland so the scout maps are incorrect. 

Also dasaita contacted me to say the unit should have been on WQ-RF210 from the factory and wasn't. That change didn't fix it either.

The point must be conceded that I have a faulty unit. I have done everything reasonable to fix it. It must fall on the seller to replace it or refund me.

• @Alan O'Brien 

Check the following:

1)Install the firmware you want (Vidid or Stock[HA3])

2) Set your BT chip as WQ-RF210 as Dasaita pointed (factory Settings) &  Reboot

3) Go to Settings > Connected Devices > Bluetooth and there is an optio to look for devices... Ensure your phone is under visible mode (in your phone Settings > Blueooth). Cehck if your phone is seen there and pair it with the code that on the same screen appears

If this work, WIFI must work as well....

If this do not work, then proceed with the replacement/refund you started with Dasaita. 

• I have this same issue. Mine is the Camry PX6 10.2 Inch VIVID. Sometimes wifi just simply won't turn on. Also, I find it super hard to simply connect my phone via bluetooth like I did stock radio to simply play audio from my phone.

These android units might be good in theory, but in practice it might be lousy.

• Forget it, I'm just gonna return this cheap junk. I shouldn't have to wait days for help with a 540 dollar radio. I'll go back to stock. 

• I have a similar issue - Wifi works pretty well, but BT doesn't work at all. Like the OP, I too have tried every single BT setting, but its currently back on WQ-RF210 - no adjustment ever resolved. Unlike the OP - my BT NEVER turns on. I've been trying for 3 months now to get it resolved via email support, but I'm usually waiting a week+ for any response, and then its just a basic one liner that leads nowhere. 

Did you actually get your refund? In my last email sent 3 days ago, and was a followup to another unanswered email from 10 days ago, I asked about a return.

• @Chris A same for me, atm my bt come back to work thank to hal9k custom firmware.

• I am also having this issue but I wanted to say that I noticed once you change the bluettooth options in the CAMBUS environment you need to go back to the andriod settings and choose bluetooth.  Sometimes you'll notice tthat the device will wipe out the settings.  i.e CAR-KIT with a pin of 0000

• Good afternoon. Today is october 24,2022. Update 5.10.3447. The problem with wifi has not been fixed.

• I have this same issue and have tried everything except an aftermarket ROM.  This is my 3rd Dasaita unit, in my 3rd vehicle.  Usually I have pretty good support.  I am hoping they will come up with something.  I dont mind if it is Android 9 or 10, as long as the firmware works!

• @Jeff Kushen updated the firmware. we observe.

• Observations showed. WIFI turns off after a long stop. When the radio warms up WIFI works. When the radio cools down, WIFI stops working. The output must be opened and the contacts on the processor module must be looked at.