2017 Camry zlink has intermittent connection and usb charges very slow

• I am having problems with Zlink staying connected or not connected at all just says waiting. Sometimes it will connect and disconnect multiple times and I don't know why this is starting to happen. When I first installed it it worked fine with no issues. Also the USB charges very slow my phones battery dies quicker than it charges. Are these issues do because it needs a firmware update? Is so how do I tell if it has the latest update. Also with Zlink as it is loading you can hit the icon to check for updates. It says there is no connection for update. I have tried my Hotspot and I have connected it to my home wifi and it still says connection required. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a Max 10 unit if that helps.

Thank you

• Hello, for the connection with Zlink to be stable you must take into account three important aspects:

1. WiFi connection must be disabled.
    2.The network share point (Hotspot) must be activated.
    3.Ensure Bluetooth is connected to CarKit.

As for the app update, Zlink does it only when the OTA is updated.

• @José Guillermo Huertas Lancheros 

So I need my Hotspot and Bluetooth on? What good is having the Hotspot on my phone on but the wifi off on the unit? 

• I really don't understand your questions, you want to have a stable connection with Zlink, that's what you should do, in Zlink you will have the internet of your phone; Now, if what you want is to have internet on your Dasaita unit (for Google or other applications outside of Zlink) you must have a 4G dongle, with this I repeat, you can have internet on your unit and use Zlink simultaneously.

• @José Guillermo Huertas Lancheros zlink connection depends ALWAYS from Bluetooth connection. For any CarPlay or android auto, as the audio is transmitted by Bluetooth.

The data connection (video display) depends on the USB connection for wired or on the wifi, being the headunit in hotspot mode and the phone to connect to the headunits wifi hotspot. Instability depends on some of the connection is lost or any software in the headunit is changing the wifi mode.

Internet depends only from your phone internet  connection while you are in zlink mode (cp or AA).

• Hello @Ikerg, okay, that's what I say from my experience, when I'm with CarPlay I have internet from my phone only in the Zlink application and not in the unit in general, if I want internet in my unit and use CarPlay at the same time ( Zlink) I connect with the 4G dongle and I can use Google, YouToube Video, among others, now well; In terms of stability, the correct configuration for Zlink to connect easily and work stably is with WiFi disabled and Hotspot enabled, and as you say, instability depends on other software that wants to access and activate WiFi.

• I Installed the unit in my 2017 Camry and discovered that everything works best with WiFi disabled on my iPhone.  There were no issues with Z-link after I began turning off WiFi.  

• I had some troubles with ZLink v4.x.x. but now with the new Zlink two icons are availabe: one for Crplay and one for Android Auto....and the connection is quick