Max 11 to Vivid 11 on PX6 ?

• Hello,

I unsuccessfully tried to install the latest Vivid 11 Rom OTA (telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20230107)) on my PX6 (which is on Max 11) using this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_eFU3TgxPc

The installation is aborted at the beginning on boot menu with message "E: footer is wrong"

Could someone give me the solution please ?

• @Sebastien Rouch check first that the usb drive that you are using is formatted into fat32 and then copy the update.zip of vivid11 into the root.

Don't use mac (use Windows pc) as mac does not use fat32.

Remember to only the drive with update must be inserted into the USB port of the unit. Remove all other usbs that could be connected.

• @Sebastien Rouch

Please go Settings>About machine and provide the following version information:

1.A clear photo of the stereo's Bulid Number.

2.A clear photo of the stereo's MCU version 

It will be helpful if you can take a photo of the "footer is wrong" page as well as send us your order number.

• i dont think that the "Footer is wrong" error is the only error you have.

Perhaps you have this full error:

"E: footer is wrong
    Update package verification took 0
    E: Signature verification failed
    E: Error 21
    Installation aborted."

?

If so....downlñoad again the Zip as perhaps ypur download is corrupted.

You can always check the zip with WinZip if it is a valid file or not

• @Sebastien Rouch We are wondeing if your problem had been solved or not. If you want further instruction. Please send us email and we will further assist you.(support@dasaita.com)

• @Support Dasaita I didn't try again : finally max11 is working fine, so I'll keep it because I found solutions to the small problems I encountered at the beginning (radio sound was too loud, zlink vs WiFi, customisation, ...).

Thank you for your interest 👍

• Hello everybody for your replies @Support Dasaita and @Iker Gomez .

I think I found the problem, even if I didn't try again : there was a zip file "update.zip" into the downloaded zip file "telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20230107)".

I didn't see it and only renamed this file into update.zip . If my mistake can help somebody...

• @Sebastien Rouch

Thank you for your remind, if you want to try again. Here are some tips to help you get the work done:

1.Please download the document via your computer/laptop, then use the WinZip application to unzip the file.

2.Please make sure to format the USB drive(FAT32 Format)/SD card before copying the update file to it.

3.Please ONLY put Update.zip file in the root directory of the USB drive/SD card.

4.Please note that all data on this unit needs to be wiped before updating the system, so back up important data if necessary.

5.Finally click the Settings > System > System updates to start the update.