Gps signal strong but maps offline

• For some reason my unit's navi or google maps doesn't connect to the cars gps antenna. The unit shows a signal, but my navi says its still offline. Help please!

• @Tony L That picture is not showing strong GPS reception

For a GPS position could be transmitted, at least 2 or 3 satellites must be ON GREEN status. 

Indeed you have a very poor satellite reception. Put the Antenna closer to the Windscreen 

• @Iker Gomez  thanks for the response. I temporarily placed the antenna on top of the sun roof to test the reception. It showed 4-7 green connections, and others in yellow. Still offline on maps. Feels almost like something needs to be toggled on. 

• @Tony L do you have location permissions enabled?

• @Iker Gomez yes, I do have location permission enabled for my google maps and waze apps. 

• @Tony L Please go to: settings-location to check if the Maps has been disabled, if so, please enable it. If still no luck, we will provide further instruction.

• @Support Dasaita went to settings - location. Google maps and waze are allowed permission. Still no luck.

• @Tony L apps can have permission but you have to enable.location. on settings>location check if it is enabled

• @Iker Gomez yes the "use location" has been enabled the entire time.  Take a look at the next photo. Does anything seem off? 

• @Tony L In this case, we suggest you can reinstall the google maps and try again.

• @Support Dasaita i will try to re download google maps....but waze and other gps app not working as well, so I don't think the problem is specifically google maps.

• Redownloaded google maps and waze. Still nothing. 

• @Tony L We are wondering if you could show me a clearer photo of the word that you've attached as we couldn't recognize the sentence, your cooperation will be appreciated.

• Sure. 

@Support Dasaita

• @Tony L Please try to connect the stereo with your phone's hotspot and let us know if the reminder disappear. 

• @Support Dasaita everything works as long as theres internet connection. But my hotspot isn't going to always be on. I can download offline maps. It'll show my location on offline map, but doesn't let me get live traffic info or up to date directions.  

• @Tony L 

Try to download a GPS test app from PlayStore.

If such app is able to give you the position, then the GPS of the headunit is able to receive and transmit the position.

You can the to try a full offline navigation app (like here maps that is free or Sygic that has some free navigation per month) and try it

If GPS Test app and/or offlinea navigation apps are able to get the position, then you will have to fight with some personal setting that do you have preventing the apps to get the Location 

if you are not able to making it work, then i suggest you to flash again with the latest (or the same) OTA upgarde.zip file (marking the wipe data prior to the update) to start again the configuration from zero.

• @Tony L Please try Iker Gomez's suggestion. If still no luck, please tell us and we can provide some version upgrade tutorial. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• @Iker Gomez @Support Dasaita I downloaded the gps test app and it is showing my position fine. Even on offline maps, it'll show my position on the map, but like I said, I wouldn't be able to get live traffic directions or route recommendations unless im connected to wifi. I tried messing with the settings for weeks and still no luck. Was trying to avoid upgrading, but I just want to be able to use the units gps normally without my phone or wifi. Please provide version upgrade tutorial. Thank you both again for all the help so far. Deeply appreciated 

• @Tony L

Considering any improper/unnecessary update could be risky, please go to Settings>About machine and provide the following version information:

1. A clear photo of the stereo's Bulid Number.
    2. A clear photo of the stereo's MCU version.

After confirming the system version, we'll guide you through the update process accordingly.

• 1 / 2