Steering wheel controls stopped working

• I have px6 android 11 system in a 2014 toyota corolla. The steering wheel controls worked fine until now. Now they either dont work or work incorrectly. For example I press volume up but the volume goes down. I can't set them up in the steering wheel control app, because the system doesn't register the button clicks. Any suggestions?

• @Srdjan Maksimovic

In this case, please let us know your order number and have you already proceed any upgrade yet? We suggest you can update the system to get the problem resolved. Considering any improper/unnecessary update could be risky, please go to Settings>About machine and provide the following version information:

1. A clear photo of the stereo's Bulid Number.
    2. A clear photo of the stereo's MCU version.

After confirming the system version, we'll guide you through the update process accordingly.

• I have the same issue in my 2012 Camry. The dasaita px6 Max10 updated to Vivid 10 is installed. My steering wheel keys worked flawlessly until recently. Now they either do not respond or some keys do not produce their assigned function.

• @PAUL JONES Please follow the instruction to have a "Wheelkey Study".

Step 1. Please go Settings > Car > Factory settings (password:126) > Others > Steering wheel keys assign > Can Key (see attachment pic) > Apply > Exit (Restart).
    Step 2. Please go Settings > Car > Steering Wheel Keys > start to program OR just open the App "Wheelkey Study" to program.

Hope you can feedback us if the instruction above can help. If still no luck, please go to the "About machine" and provide us built number and MCU, we will further diagnose and offer solution accordingly. 

• I have reset and reprogrammed the keys several times. They work until I turn the 2012 camry SE off then they stop working or some buttons do not respond to their assigned function. 

• @PAUL JONES Can you send us a video to demonstrate the situation that occured and we will forward to our technician for further diagnosis.

• @Support Dasaita Hi, I tried following your instructions as my steering wheel buttons have stopped working. Now the 5 buttons/icons on the left, +, - etc are not working, on my px6 unit and steering wheel buttons are still not working!

Also the wheel key study page is blank apart from "rest" and "save". Please help? Thank you.

Nissan Xtrail 2017 T32.

• @Mark Wesson Please shoot a video to show us the situation that you proceed the steering control setting, we will forward it to our technician for further help.

In the meanwhile, we will appreciate if you could provide your order number.

• @Mark Wesson Please shoot a video to show us the situation that you proceed the steering control setting, we will forward it to our technician for further help.

In the meanwhile, we will appreciate if you could provide your order number.

• @Support Dasaita

Order number SP-DA1915.

Update. I have managed to assign steering wheel keys, and saved. But they still do not work! Thanks.

• @Support Dasaita When i press the volume up button, the volume goes down. The volume down button also turns the volume down. I have reprogrammed the buttons several times and it works for a while. When I turn the car off and turn it back on, the buttons start acting up again. The unit has stopped retaining the steering wheel controls. I have the setting at "cankey". I have the setting of "08 camry/rav4" 

• @PAUL JONES Our technician suggest you can take a video to show the situation and they will diagnose and give you instruction. In the meanwhile, it will be helpful if you can give us your order number so that we can locate your order detail and offer you more accurate instruction.

We will appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

• @Mark Wesson We found that you order the item on May,2022. Please kindly let us know if the steering wheel control work well in the last 1 year. Normally, the steering control will work once the canbus option(10) has been selected. You can go to the settings > car > factory settings > canbus to check the option.

If still no luck, please manually set the keys, as you don't know how to reset it. Here comes an video instruction. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hovrnq4uingkoj/%E6%96%B9%E6%8E%A7%E5%AD%A6%E4%B9%A0.mp4?dl=0

If the above step couldn't help you get the problem resolved. Please kindly try to reconnect the canbus and hope you can shoot a video to show us the wirings and the canbus, we will forward to our technician for further diagnose.

• @Support Dasaita My steering wheel controls have worked from when I first fitted it, up until recently. I have assigned and saved the steering wheel control buttons, it will work but if I turn off the car, later or the next day I turn the car on it will not work, then another day it will work. Very frustrating. Exactly the same problem as Paul Jones in an earlier message on this post.

So went out in my car this morning, steering wheel controls worked perfectly. Came home, went back out an hour later, controls not working!! So frustrating.

• @Mark Wesson Thank you for your reply, we have forwarded the issue to our technician and once received their reply, we will give you further instruction.

• @Support Dasaita Please help? Driving me mad!!

• So on the cambus settings page, what should all the other settings be? Thanks.

• @Mark Wesson We are wondering if you have updated the firmware before. If YES, please go to settings>About machine and show us the current built number and the MCU, we may advise another latest upgrade. Through the upgrade, we can check if there is any software malfunction.

Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita No, I have not updated firmware. Can't understand how it can work perfectly, then go out in car later and it doesn't work!

• Really is annoying and frustrating. Just went for a drive, steering wheel controls not working for at leaset 30 minutes. On the way back home they work perfectly!! Thanks.@Support Dasaita

• 1 / 2