Need a new unit

• So, after some years my Dasaita unit finally died last week... it was more than 5 years old so I can not complain 😁

Now, problems is that I'd like to keep on with Dasaita as my provider, but honestly guys, PX6 is COMPLETELY OBSOLETE !!!!  No way to hide it !!! Even the (way more modern than PX6) chipset that all your competitors offer (UIS 7862) is 3 years old and is becoming a risky investment...

Rockchip launched a new chipset way better than PX6 more than a year ago. Unisoc announced the replacement of the UIS7862 in late February... 

Are you guys planning to refresh the products? 

Hope I do not have to start looking somewhere else...

Thanks !!!

• @Max Auer Actually, we will soon launch New head unit with Qualcomm chipset. Please let us know the following information of your car. (The order number and platform of your last order will be OK, we can trace the SKU accordingly)

1.A clear photo of the OEM Radio.

2.The specific car Model & Year.

3.Please confirm if your car has these OEM Features-- Steering Wheel Control/ Factory Camera / Amplifier (with or without)

We will make recommendation and give your a quotation price accordingly. Your prompt reply will be appreciated. 

• It's for a Mazda 3 Year 2012, with Steering Wheel controls and Amplifier. No Factory Camera

I don't have the original mail but it was the standar unit you used to have here in the site for Mazda 3 2010 -12013  (I do not see it listed now, so I guess you will build stock once the new units arrive)

Thanks !!!

• @Max Auer counld you please send us a photo of the OEM unit. 

• @Max Auer We are wondering if the following radio is the same with your original radio, so that we can make better recommendation. We are willing to give you a preferrable discount for the Qualcomm headunit, please just check with it.

• @Support Dasaita 

I was trying to get a model number or something from my actual unit, but the sticker doesn't seem to have any model number

Anyway, here is the picture (from internet) of the original radio

And this is a picture of my actual unit

• @Max Auer Could you please let us know what configuration you want for the item and we will judge if our new item can meet your expectation?

• Well, the CRITICAL point is to get anything with ARM A75 cores or more. I do not expect the same CPU power as a mobile phone, of course, but I want the unit to have some future. Rockchip RK3588 (4x A76) seems to be the successor to PX6. Unisoc announced the A7870 in February but for the time being it seems is only marketing... Qualcom has a ton of chips, lots of them with A76 or more.

On the other side I am not interested in anything that is purely based / ONLY has ARM A55 cores (like the PX4/ RK 3566 was). That is too little for current android Aps. Maybe is OK for TVs, but not for Full Android + Google Maps + Media player running simultaneously.

I honestly do not care too much about RAM (>3 GB will suffice) or local storage (as far as it has a microSD slot). I do not care about Android version as far as it is "reasonable" (10 or more)

Having a separate Subwoofer audio output would be quite desirable as I do have a subwoofer. 

No need for any physical key or knob. Maximizing screen space would be the best.

And if you are collecting info for designing a new unit :-) my personal suggestion would be to keep the Analog Camera input (as re-cabling my reverse-cammera would be a pain) and having an HDMI output for the main screen would be amazing (not for movies, but I did put a secondary screen closer to the windshield to easily see Google Maps on my old unit using the video output)

Hope this info helps

• @Max Auer We would like to tell you that our new version which will be launched next month could surely meet your expectation. 

Firstly, the G12 is configured with Qualcomm 665 which has ARM Cortex-4*A73/Cortex-4*A53 with Android 12 system which is much better that PX6 with Cortex-2*A72 and Cortex-4*A53.  Regarding to the RAM, we have 2 options, you can choose either 4G or 8G according to your requirement. And we do have Subwoofer. Meanwhile, we have AHD Camera input instead of Analog. Comparing with PX6 head unit, G12 has and exclusive configuration which is Optical Output. We are willing to inform you when the item is launched.

• Thanks for the reply !!!

Ahh... I was expecting a larger improovement after so many years, but I guess we're not completely out of the mess created by COVID, and yeah, Qualcomm 665 should be better than PX6 (even if not as good as a RK3588 would be)

Will wait for the launch to get all the info on ports and specs. The AHD is compatible with a normal Analog camera, right? (even if quality wouldn't be that good)

• @Max Auer AHD is clearer than Analog. We will inform you when G12 launch and you can also find information in our forum.

• @Max Auer We are wondering if you are still interest in our Head unit, out G12 has been launch now which has higher configuration than the Px6 unit.