Multiple issues on “G12 For RAV4” Unit

• I just received my unit today and installed it in my 2022 Toyota RAV 4 and have a few issues:

1. The included Toyota harness and can bus adapter have a few leads with bullet connectors and no clear instructions as to what they're supposed to plug in to.  On one side they're labeled "C1" and "C2", the other side has "brake light" and something else.. Where are these supposed to plug in to?

2. Spotify has PROBLEMS.
     A. When I open Spotify, it says "Spotify patch loaded" and then shows me someone else's email address. Why is it loading a patch every time I open it? Why is there a need for the app to be modified with a patch each time I open it?  VERY SUSPECT.

B. When I enter my username and password for Spotify, instead of the app logging in, it tells me "Spotify Premium required". I have Spotify Premium, so this error makes no sense. Is it related to the sketchy patch you guys are loading? I already updated Spotify to the latest version and still get the error. 

I'm very concerned with the patch and someone else's email address appearing every time I open the app, it doesn't make me feel like this unit is very secure.

• @Keith Elkin As to the harnesses labels, we are wondering if you could send  us your order number so that we could locate more order detail and give you more appropriate instruction. 

Regarding to the spotify, we are wondering if you could uninstall the Spotify and find another version through Google play store to check your currect issue persists. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• So I uninstalled the version that came with the car and installed it from scratch and the Spotify issue went away.

I also looked at pictures online and figured out where those weird cables were to go.

Now I have two remaining issues:

1. The button in the car that is supposed to manually turn on the 360 degree cameras doesn't turn it on, instead it's acting like a back button and closing out the current application.

2. The radio didn't come with adapters to use the factory GPS and cellular antennas. I thought this stereo came with all of the adapters to retain OEM function, that's what's advertised. Where are those adapters? I have no desire to stick additional antennas on my new car and prefer the OEM ones.
    My order# is Order# 114-5678695-4250630.

Other than that, the head unit is great and I am loving it. I'm waiting to post my review until these issues are addressed.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

• @Keith Elkin Please kindly let us know if your car is TNGA with factory 360 camera, if yes, you may need to change to another Canbus box.

As to the factory GPS, our connector is Fakra which is compatible with most GPS antenna, please kindly let us know if you could send us your current GPS anttenna, we could check if it needs an adapter. Regarding to the cellular antennas, we are not sure which one you meant, the wifi(a small component) or the 4G Ant, if the connector is the same, it will be compatible.

• @Support Dasaita 

I don't think you're understanding me. The issue isn't with your supplied antennas connectors, I want my CAR'S antennas to plug into YOUR radio.

As for the cameras, my car is a 2022 RAV4 Prime, also known as the PHEV made in Japan.

The camera issue is actually worse than I mentioned. The car is programmed to automatically show the camera every time the car stops. The problem is every time I stop, it also triggers the back button when it should be triggering the camera, making the currently focused application to close.

• @Keith Elkin We know that you want to retain your OEM connector, but sorry that we have tried our best to make most of the cars to be compatible with our head unit's connector, it's hard to retain all the functions with all the car(Note that our listing has not mentioned such things like retaining all OEM function. ) That's why we provide our accessories, if you don't want to wire on the shield, you could try to wire the ant on the top of the unit(on the top of the single din) to check if the signal is OK or not.

Regarding to the camera, could you kindly take a video to show us your situation, we will forward to the manufacturer for further instruction. Your understanding and cooperation will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita 

I find it funny that 3 times I specifically asked via your support chat as well as the official Dasaita Amazon store if the G12 unit retained OEM functionality and multiple times I got carefully worded answers pointing me to this stero telling me "this is the appropriate one", and at NO time did anyone say "NO" to my question.

So you wait to say "No" only after I ordered and installed the unit?

A word to the wise who are reading this...  Think carefully before purchasing from Dasaita. It's amazing to me that every time I buy a Dasaita product, there is a problem and deception when answering my questions.  This one is on me for thinking you guys would be honest.

• ALSO:  You still have not answered my question about the 360 cam trigger initiating the back button instead of turning on the 360 degree camera.

In addition, I had a problem hearing people on the phone any time I made a call yesterday. The stereo answered the call via bluetooth, but the sound coming out of the speakers was staticy and very low, now matter how high I set the volume... and yes, it was coming out of the car speakers and not the phone.  All other audio out of the stereo was fine.  I ultimately had to factory reset the radio in order to get it working properly again.

For the third time, please answer my question about the issues I rasied here.  This is the last time I am asking before I remove the unit, send it back to Amazon, and give you a 1-star review.  I should not have to ask for support THREE times for the same issue.

• @Keith Elkin Regarding to the issue of the 360 view, we are still wondering if you could shot a video so that we can send to our manufacturer for further diagnose and give you more appropriate instruction. We found that you have messaged us through Amazon, you could also contacted with us about your current issue in case there is different solution. 

As to the issue of the call via bluetooth, we are wondering if you have just adjusted the volume of the stereo, the sound is controlled by both stereo and your phone, you need to make sure your phone's volume is not mute.

In addition, we hope you could wire our antenna to get better signal.

Your understanding and cooperation will be appreciated.

• Yes, I also contacted you via Amazon, because half the time I get no answers here, and Amazon ensures a response.

Volume Issues:  Of course I checked the volume on the phone and on the head unit, seriously?  This had nothing to do with volume level settings.

Mic Adapter: I had complaints that I don't sound as clear on the phone which I spend a lot of time on and figured out that the mic inside the stereo is what's being used. Is there not an adapter to use the car's built-in mic either? 

360 Cam Issue:  I played with this all night and have more information, and I will be happy to send a video. I had to change the steering wheel control setting in the Factory Settings to CAN instead of SWC, then reset the button mapping, and re-train the buttons. The signal to trigger the front/side cameras which happens every time you stop the car while you are in drive is seen as a long button press to the car via the canbus. A similar signal is sent when you press the "view" button on the car which each press is supposed to roate through Camera view 1, Camera view 2, and Camera View off. Here are the camera issues I'm seeing:

1. The G12 unit came pre-programmed to interpret the "camera on" signal as the BACK button, so it kept closing the current app every time I hit the brake and came to a stop. For now I mapped this 'button' to a feature that the head unit doesn't have so it stops closing apps. (Setting it to None causes it to beep incessantly)

2. With the OEM stereo installed, the behavior of the 360 camera is supposed to be as follows:
         a. On OEM stereo, the behvaior of the camera view and the "AUTO" toggle to enable or disable the automatic camera view when coming to a complete stop is triggered by buttons on the touch screen.

b. There are different versions of the view you can select by pressing the buttons on the screen. The buttons you press on the screen are stored in memory so the next time the camera is displayed, it retains the view preferences you set.

c. You can manually turn the front/side camera view if you are stopped or below 5MPH by pressing the physical "VIEW" button on the dashboard.

d. Any time the front/side cameras are displayed, whether automatically when stopped, or when pressing the physical camera, it appears in the same fashion as the backup camera does when driving in Reverse. It immediately takes over whatever you are seeing on the screen, and when you start driving again, or if you push the physical VIEW button to cycle through, it automatically turns the camera screen off and resumes the previous screen that you were on.

With all  of this said, here are the problems with your G12 unit working with the 360 view cameras.

a. The cameras do not appear automatically when stopped or when pressing the physical VIEW button. I notcied if I manually open the "FCAM" app, by messing with the camera logo button in the app. I can get one of the two camera views to appear.

b. When the camera is supposed to turn off on its own by driving again, or if you turn it off with the physical VIEW button, the screen goes black, but the FCAM app doesn't close or return you to the previous screen you were on when you opened it like the OEM stereo does.

c. NONE of the buttons to control the behavior of the OEM 360 degree camera work. The buttons are displayed on the screen when you mess with the FCAM app to get it to appear, but tapping on them doesn't do anything rendering the entire 360 degree camera system useless.

In summary: The camera system which is supposed to automatically display specific views based on the current operation of the car (driving, stopped in traffic, parking, or pressing the physical VIEW button manually) does NOT work as designed. It doesn't automatically appear when needed, doesn't automatically close when supposed to, and requires you to manually open the FCAM appliaction to see the view instead of it being an automatically override like the backup camera is.

This is a VERY thorough explanation of the problems. I will gladly send you a video of what I'm talking about, and I'll even put my OEM unit in to explain the operation. The video is going to be LARGE, and there will be multiple files, so you're going to need to tell me how to send them to you.

I shouldn't have to do this, but I will. Trust me when I say my occupation is very technical, involves electronics, and I am very detail oriented. This is not user error.

• @Keith Elkin You could upload the video onto Googl cloud and then send the link to us. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• @Keith Elkin Hi customer, sorry for bothering you again, our technicians are wondering if you could send us photos to show us the front side and back side of your OEM radio so that they could better diagnose 360 view issue.