Wireless Car Play and Wifi Hotspot?

• I am looking at getting a G12 unit but I see it only supports wireless Car Play (no wired Car Play).
    Can you connect to wireless Car Play AND use the phone's wifi hot spot for data connection?

• @Steve Goff Sorry that while you are using wireless Carplay, you could not use the phone's wifi hot spot for data connection.

Please note that you need to open both the WiFi and Bluetooth on your phone&the head unit to enable wireless CarPlay. In other words, the head unit could not be connected to hotspot when you’re using wireless CarPlay, cuz the WiFi access has been occupied by the CarPlay.

If you want to have the unit connected to network while using CarPlay, we’re afraid that you could only use wired CarPlay through the single USB cable.

• @Support Dasaita So you can use Car Play wireless or wired? The advertisement only lists wireless.

• @Steve Goff Sorry that we may misunderstood you, G12 could not support wired Carply but wired Android auto. You could use 4G SIM card to access the Internet if possible.

• Ok, Thank you.

• @Support DasaitaOh, that makes sense as to why my music is stuttering.. I definitely overlooked this. Would there be a future update that will support wired carplay? I'd like to have minimal lag as possible when connected and listening to music and what not..

• @Tony T Sorry that it could not support wired carplay yet as it was determined by the mother board. We are wondering if you have connected the wifi ant on the head unit which will improve the connection of your phone.