Screen controls

• On a G12, is it posible to map a panel button (or steering wheel control) to turn the screen off? The screen is too bright at night. If I'm in carplay, I have to click the home button and then long press the little X button to turn the screen off.

There are a handful of other issues once the screen is turned off.

1. steering wheel controls turn the screen back on.

2. the skip forward/back buttons on the steering wheel stop working, I assume because carplay has lost focus.

• @John Robinson We would like to tell you that you could go to Factory Settings > enter 126 > Key Study to Set a touch key to control "Power off" .

According to your message, we are wondering if you probaly means you need a screen saver instead of power off. If so, would you kindly download one from Google Playstore. We have also forwarded your suggestion to our engineers to enhance this feature.

• Thank you @Support Dasaita ! I was able to map a button to turn the screen off yesterday. 

I will try a screensaver and see if that does what I'm looking for. What I want is that when the screen is turned off, adjusting the volume via the steering wheel controls does not turn the screen back on.

• @John Robinson We are afraid the the screen saver could not solved your problem, it will turn on the screen while you are adjusting the volume too.

• Thanks @Support Dasaita for trying. Is there any chance your software engineers could look into not displaying the volume adjustment while the screen is turned off?