Access battery voltage in widget?

• I'm using KWGT to create some home screen widgets. I am also using Nova launcher which I have set to hide the top bar (where the default battery voltage shows). Is it possible to access the battery voltage value from a widget, or an app running on the device?

Also, is it possible to access the canbus from a third party app? I'm a software engineer and have some ideas for apps, like a monitor for engine oil temperature, transmission oil temperature, etc.

• @John Robinson the battery voltage is not necessary to be showed on the whole widget so that we are not going to revise it.  We are wondering if engine oil temperature, transmission oil temperature could be showed on the OBD, we could check every time there is any error notification or periodically. 

• @Support Dasaita I don't think I'm asking for a revision. I would like to create my own widget but need to know if there is a way to access the battery voltage data.

As for the oil temperature, I am looking to access the canbus data that is viewable when entering `canlog` or `logcan` (I forget which) in factory settings.

• @John RobinsonEntering "logcan" can print the canbus data, but we don't have another access to enter the battery voltage instead of turning on the status bar in the Settings.