Vivid11/Android11 update is incorrect

• My vivid 11 unit purchased in July 2023 notified me that an OTA update was available.  I accepted it and when the update completed, something called SCOUT is now showing as the launcher. It is stuck at SCOUT activation and the homescreen keeps reverting to the  'choose language' screen. At which point I continue and SCOUT is successfully activated.  or is it?  because after a power cycle , it show me the 'choose language' screen again and i hit next next next then no home screen, goes back tothe language page.

What is scout?

Did scout replace vivid?

I want to go back to Vivid 11

what should I do?  photos attached.my about page 2 of 3

my about page

above is the last screen that the unit stays on. to get out i have to hit the music button.

• @Ray Marin We would like to tell you that Scout replaced the Vivid now, if you want to scroll back to Vivid, you need to update version before Y2023 October.

The first time you installed the system, you will have to set the language and connect the internet to activate the system. Then you will enter in a normal system like the following picture showed.

• Hi @Ray Marin

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Can you reach out to our team at scoutsupport@telenav.com - we need some more information about your system, and we will be able to get you back up and running.

As a quick fix, you can do a Factory Reset and then decline to install any updates until we resolve the issue.

To do a factory reset, go to the Scout Settings (after hitting the music button, press the half car / half cogwheel icon), then pick General > Exit > Reset
    It will wipe your system back to the state when you first bought it. So all your installed apps, radio favorites, paired phones etc will be gone. But at least you won't see that screen every time you turn the system on.

And again, with your help, we'll fix the problem - please contact us at scoutsupport@telenav.com

cheers

--juergen
    Scout Support Team

• Hi @Ray Marin ,

Just a guess - did you bump the font size on your head unit in Android Accessibility Settings (Android Settings > Accessibility > Font Size)? That can cause the effect you described and that's shown on your screen shot. 

Please go to Android Settings > Accessibility > Font Size and (temporarily, until you finish the onboarding flow) set the font size back to Default.

Let me know if this helps. Our team is working on a patch to make all Scout screen look good with changed font sizes

best

--juergen
    Scout Support Team

• @Telenav Scout That was it! I am now able to go to a normal Home Screen .  Thank you so much!  I won't be needing to change anything.  Perfectly fine now. 

• @Telenav Scout I changed the font size to normal and it looks fine.   Mainly using Apple CarPlay so scout vivid doesn't matter.  Thanks for the prompt replies !!