Firmwares

• @cleo cleonise Do  you mean the original classic mode, we simplified the function? You could use splitscreen under the following instruction. If you prefer the original firmware, you could update the firmware before version 20231016. Please let us know if you agree and we could send it to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwz9clm6fgm1hoj/Vivid%20split%20screen.mp4?dl=0

• Hi Dasaita, I am having problem for my reverse camera video, sometimes the video hang or freeze up. Before this i was using my original camera, at that time i suspected the root cause might be the camera, therefore i have changed another camera. Unfortunately the problem did not resolve. If possible, I do not want to update if it doesn't give me problem, unfortunately i need to try update to see how but i do not know which file to use. Hope you can guide or help me.

• No.1

• No.2

• No.3

• Roar H
    Support Dasaita Staff member

@Roar H We are wondering if the version of your head unit is V840-8 Version. Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

Roar H

@Support Dasaita 

Where can i find this information on my unit?

Support Dasaita Staff member

@Roar H You can find the information from your order detail, your cooperation will be appreciated. 

Roar H

@Support Dasaita 

I don't have this information anymore.

Is there any other way to check for this information? 

Roar H

@Support Dasaita  anything? is it written on the back of the unit or something? 

• Dasaita Update@Support Dasaita Any comment or suggestion from you pertaining to this matter?

• @Support Dasaita Thanks, I insalled the Scout Map APK for the latest Vivid release, and the usability is much better. This basically acts as a replacement for the Google Maps splitscreen interface and offers better navigation integration into the  launcher screen, as long as you use Scout as your main navigation app

You guys should post some new screenshots as to what this Scout/Vivid integration looks like, because it is a pretty cool feature, even though it is just for US based customers, which I am one fortunately.

For users installing the Scout APK, you just need to make sure you restart Vivid Launcher after install so it loads Scout into the main launcher splitscreen interface.

• @Miguel Lai Could you send us your order number and shopping platform? So that we could loate your order detail and give you more appropriate firmware update recommendation.

• @Roar H could you send us your order number and shopping platform to better assist us in locating the order detail?

• @Support Dasaita i bought it through your ebay site, i see from picture on my phone that i had received it, and installed it on the 21 july 2018.

• @Daniel Trautvetter 

Did you find a fix for the issue, that the launcher always go back to the Phone screen?

I have tried both with a paired and unpaired phone, but it doesn't change anything. 

I'm using this version - telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20231023) with a PX6.

• Salve, potrei sapere l'ultimo aggiornamento che posso fare per il mio modello ? Grazie

• @Elite Android 

So I've been running Vivid 11 for a while and the other day I installed the update from the (Vivid / Scout Combine) file without paying much attention to find out the Scout Wizard at boot.
    Noticed my previously VIVID Dashboard is different now.
    I read you mentioned better integration and install "Scout APK" and then to "Launch Vivid"??

Doesn't the latest firmware (Combine) install Scout, or Scout APK is a different part of the proccess.
    I think Dasaita needs to write a step by step now the VIVID firmware turns into Scout....

• @Zeek World Yeah it's misleading, the "combined" Scout/Vivid Firmware only has a clock and speed widget on the left side in the launcher. There is nothing really "Scout" about it without the Scout Maps APK. That is what I had setup initially and was highly disappointed.

I am running Vivid/Scout 10, I assume it is the same for 11. But if you install the "Scout Maps" APK (For US Customers) after updating to the combined firmware, restart Vivid launcher, the left side shows the Scout Navigaton where Google maps used to be. It's actually a really clean integration if you choose to use the Scout as the main Navigation app. I am happy with it so far compared to what was shown with Google maps in the launcher.

But agreed, there needs to a better explanation by Dasaita on the install process. I am also not sure why the Scout Nav app isn't included in the combined firmware. My only guess is regional licensing issues, since maybe it doesn't work for people outside the US. Ideally, the combined firmware would just show Google Maps like it used to unless you have the Scout APK installed, with the added feature of letting you select which maps app you want to show in the launcher.

• @TT LL Please further demonstrate your issue, we are not sure what you mean go to back phone screen, do you mean auto connection of carplay?

• @Luis21 We are wondering if you are suffering any malfunctions, we don't recommend you to update the firmware if it's running well.

• @Zeek World Here is the UI after you have installed the Scout APK. If you want to change the left widget to the map, please download it in the firmware forum.

• @Elite Android You could installed the scout map individually, see the photo above.

• @Support Dasaita well, bad news, download the Scout apk, installed it on my vivid 11 (combined latest fw) and now I get the Dasaita logo, no boot. So you may want to be careful.

if you can provide me with the latest full vivid 11 image so I can sideloaded and unbrick my unit would be great.

I believe there is not yet a full image with Android 11 with Scout.