Vivid UI: Local Music (USB) favorites folder and recent folder housekeeping cache question

• I loaded my CD music collection on a new SanDisk to replace the generic USB stick I was using and also fix some tagging of the metadata files.  

Any music titles that were recently played from the old USB stick still reside in Recents and Favorites.  When clicking on those titles, the unit recognizes that "file not found".   I would like to remove the music titles from the recent and favorites folders.  

Is there a way to do this? 

Observed UI behavior:

1. If I go into list view of the favorites folder and select a title that is from the old USB, I get the error message “file not found”
    2. If I just wait, the music title is removed from the list in the UI and then the next song in the list is selected. 
    3. If that song is no longer found, it will do the same as above if you just wait.  
    4. Rinse, repeat..until a song is found that is on the memory stick.  Then the song is found and plays.
    5. For the songs that are not found, the “Heart” is not dark anymore so it looks like the head unit knows that it should ‘untag’ the song as a favorite

At first, I thought this was the method for 'cleaning' the recent lists and favorites list.  However, once all the old music titles are removed from the UI favorites list, and then exit the folder and then go back into the folder, all the old saved favorites I thought were removed are still there, cluttering up the list of valid song titles found on the new USB.  

I tried a few reboots of the system, too, but it did not clear out the recent or favorites of ‘orphaned’ song titles no longer found in memory.  Is there a way to flush the recent and favorites folder and Recents folder contents or do selective removal of specific song titles not found on the USBa or USBb memory?  

A setting?  File Browser on the unit's memory?  Other?   I tried all manner of finger swipes but came up empty.  

Thanks!

• I was fumbling around settings/storage.   There is an option to clear user data and cache.  I cleared the cache but the old metadata for CD files seems to be lingering elseware.