Bluetooth issues?. Check this out.

• Correction. the lastest MAX fw upgrade still has the same BT issues.. THE Vivid fw looks too terrible to even attempt to test

• hi @Support Dasaita and update on this issue?

• @Jason B Please further demonstrate your issue so that we could better confirm.

• @Support Dasaita this describes it perfectly. I've tried it with a Galaxy 22 ultra and Pixel 7. I'm using a recently purchased PX6 with Android 11 on it in teh MAX fw config. 

Bluetooth issues remain. Many here have updated using each version of each ROM since January with no success.

The issue clearly has something to do with the power down cycle. Here are the symptoms:

Note - Successfully Bluetooth pairing of the phone to the headunit had taken place.

- When turn off the vehicle and the headunit powers down, the Bluetooth module remains connected to the phone for roughly 10 seconds. This can be determined by accessing the phone's Bluetooth menu and watching the connection status in realtime (states "connected for calls and audio").

- When turning the vehicle back on after 10 seconds the PHONE will not see the headunit to connect BUT... the HEADUNIT states the phone is connected. At this point you either have to restart the vehicle power (no need to leave off for 10 seconds, it just needs to power down) OR you can disconnect manually from headunit Bluetooth system settings menu. After manual disconnect occurs the headunit will autoconnect to the phone successfully.

All of this points to an issue with how the system is managing the power down and up of the Bluetooth module. If this were a hardware issue Bluetooth wouldn't connect so consistently using what I just described above.

Please give this issue urgent priority, as this has created a great annoyance with using my PX6 unit. Bluetooth is really important. Thank you!

• @Jason B Let me further repeat your issue.

• After successfully pairing the phone with the head unit, when the vehicle and head unit power down, the Bluetooth module remains connected to the phone for approximately 10 seconds.
    • Upon turning the vehicle back on within this 10-second timeframe, the phone cannot detect the head unit for connection, while the head unit still shows that the phone is connected.

We are wondering if you have this issue since you first used the head unit, it seems to be normal as bluetooth is a kind of technology which needs a few seconds to be connected or prompt reconnect.

• @Support Dasaita i set my HU to power off after 10 min. If I stop the vehicle.. go into the store, for less than 10 min and start the car, i can't connect to bluetooth again without disconnecting BT on the HU.. so yes.. 10 seconds is an example.. but up to that 10 min cutoff time, it still wont connect without intervention.. reading the forum these seems to be a very common issue

• @Jason B It seems not the same, you last message said that the head unit has already powered down and will not immediately disconnected after 10 seconds. In this case, you said that you set power off after 10 mins, it will not disconnect in these 10 mins, as your head unit is still on during the period. 

• @Support Dasaita fine then focus on why the HU does not release or easily reconnect without a full restart or forcing a disconnect at the HU bluetooth. At each handset be it a galaxy or google device the handset doesnt see a connection while the HU does. A force disconnect at the HU is required. Seems to be a HU/Firmware glitch.. of which I can find other examples that are not solved in the forums. 

• hi @Support Dasaita any update on this issue?

• @Jason B We are wondering if there is a time gap in this case or you still could not see the head unit connected to the head unit on the phone all the time but the head unit indicated that the connection is successful. Please go to Settings > About Machine and send us the current Build Number and MCU version.

• @Support Dasaita see pic

• 2 / 2