Dasaita UPDATE.ZIP corrupted the file system and the RESET button does not function.

• It is going on 3 weeks now in an attempt to save my beloved Disaita 10.2 head unit for my 2008 Toyota Tundra.  I had the very common Google App freeze issues which was supposed to be resolved by a Dasaita MCU update.  The update failed several times and not the device is stuck in a boot loader loop.  The solution is to do a factory reset using Android's recovery mode.  The RESET BUTTON does NOT function.  There is no click when inserting a paper clip or tooth pick and therefore , RECOVERY MODE IS NOT POSSIBLE.  My unit is completely non functional since the UPDATE.zip was attempt.

I have sent several photos and vidoes to the Dasaita Ebay team, but they seem to struggle with language.  They say they have watched the video but keeps asking for more.

My unit needs to be repaired or replaced and the 2 year limited warranty is about to run out.

Can someone please solve this situation?  It is maddening!  Do I have to throw my radio in the trash?

• @Douglas Parcher 

If you dont feel the RESET button is probably the button is not aligned to the hole...try to find the button.

The Google Apps freeze does not solves with a MCU update. It solves with:

a) Android ROM update OR

b) removing any updates of the Android WebViewer apk.

the MCU update is not the update.zip you tried

Why the update failed?

Which file tried to update? Would you mind to detail the link to the file used?

Which Android Version did you have installed previous to the boot loop?

• I have tried many times to locate the button but it's just mushy in there.  I try it everytime I get in the vehicle.  I was told to do a factory wipe and reset from the recovery menu which as I have stated I cannot get into.

No one can tell me why the update failed.  The unit shipped with Android 10.  The original complaint was the Google Apps were all frozen so I'n not sure why Dasaita instructed me to do that update which looked like an MCU update. The system was corrupted at that point.

dasaita-uk:

MAX10 Version:Make Sure your unit is PX6 Andorid 10

HA3_rk3399_10.0_ota(20220521)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tmodcjkwqxwfut/ha3_rk3399_10.0_ota(20220521+bt_mcu).zip?dl=0​‌‌‌‌‍‍‌‍‍‍‍‍‍‌‌‍‌‍‍‍‍‍‌‍‌‌‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‍‌‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‌

• @Douglas Parcher the only way that left is with a usb-A to usb-A cable and flash tools. Get that cable and check if your unit is detected by the flash tool during loopboot.

• @Iker Gomez I'd be willing to try this.  Can you show/recommend these flash tools?   Finding a cable will be easy ... what would this process look like?  Thanks for your suggestion Iker!

• The instructions are the same as per this thread:

https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/62118/image-update-android-10-to-android-11?

But instead of using a full Android image for Android 11 you must use a full Android 10 image.

Read all the thread .... You need the flash tools, the rockhip USB drivers (5.1 are the latest version) the usbA - usbA cable and the android 10 full image.

• I tried to update Android 10 to Android 11. Unfortunately it failed and I couldn't get into the boot menu with the reset. Disconnecting the device from the power supply for at least 30 seconds, switching it on again and pressing the reset button with a thin wire (about 20 seconds) until the start screen appears again helped to get back into the boot menu and thus repair the damage remedy.