Which version software (firmware?) to upgrade on my unit?

• Hi.  I have a 2017 Toyota 4R.  Last may I purchased/installed the PX6 head unit.  I use an iPhone 13Pro and while, now and then, I'd have some minor Carplay connectivity issues, lately it's become pretty bad...not connecting at all (ie: the PX6 shows 'waiting' with that red-surround just repeating itself while trying to connect...meanwhile the phone shows it's connected (bluetooth) to the head unit and vice-versa, but still Carplay won't start).  I looked at my PX6 and it's running Android V. 10, security patch 5/5/20.  I looked to this site to see about upgrading the firmware but there are a few choices and I'm not sure which one to use.   I'm not sure if my unit is version Max10, Vivid10 or Scout10 and/or which I would want to go to (ie: they all say 'Make sure your unit is PX6 Android 10' and that's what I have....so I'm confused!).

And, I read that it's 'dangerous' to upgrade so would you say it's worth the chance and what happens if, after I update, the unit is 'dead'...is there a way to revive it?

Thank for any tips/help!

*I tried uploading screehshot images but could not...sorry!

• @David Frucht upgrading is not dangerous, at least when you use the same android version OTA .... People claiming of bricked units rely on trying tonupgrade from Android 10 to 11 by means of OTA upgrade or trying to upgrade the system with the lates android. 10 OTA when they had already android 11 preinstalled....so finally they end with a boot partition corrupted.

It does not matter which version (scout , vivid, max) you choose.

Scout is only for usa/Canada/mexico.