Upgrade to Scout Version 3.3.7 Crashes

• I tried to upgrade to Scout Version 3.3.7 today and it constantly crashes.  I have the PX6 for the 4Runner.  I tried clearing the cache memory and it still crashes.  The only thing I've been able to do to get it "working" again is to downgrade to the factory installed version of 1 which is horrible but can't upgrade except back to 3.3.7 which crashes.  Is there a way I can fix this or at least download the last previous working version?  Please advise if there is anything I can do to get Scout Version 3.3.7 working.

• @David Quon today appeared a 3.3.8 upgrade

• Expert
    Expert
    Expert
    Staff member

Hi @David Quon , thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are preparing a hotfix to get your Scout app v3.3 back to working. In the meantime, we have pulled the 3.3.7 and 3.3.8 updates - after factory reset, your head unit should upgrade to 2.3.4257

best

--juergen (Scout Support Team)

• After Scout Version 3.3.7 crashes a few times I was able to select "App Info".  From there I was able to clear the app cache, use the right menu to "Uninstall Updates" which brought me back to Scout Version 1.1.1543.  This version booted for me.  From there I was able to update the Scout software.  The first time it went back to version 3.3.7 (even though it said it was going to install version 2.3.4257).  I tried clearing the cache again, rebooted the unit and repeated the above steps and got my system onto version 2.3.4257.  Thanks for the help @Iker Gomez and @Telenav Scout.

• @David Quon @Telenav Scout 

I love this stereo but after updating today to version 3.3.10 the app crashes.  How do I go back to version 2?

• I too made the mistake of updating to Scout 3.3.10 and now it crashes.  Can anyone help resolve this issue? 

• @George G @Jayson Mitchell I have just updated to 3.3.10 and it is working well....except for the Steering Wheel Controls, which they do not work....even rebooting.

But no crashes yet (updated yesterday)

• @Iker Gomez I was able to Uninstall the updates which put me back to Scout 1.1.1543 HCT how do I get back to at least Scout 3.1?

• Expert
    Expert
    Expert
    Staff member

Hi @Jayson Mitchell , can you please send your device serial number (Android Settings > About Machine > Serial Number) to scoutsupport@telenav.com

We'll help you get back to a recent version with no crashes

• I'm having the same issues crashing with the others upgrading to Scout 3.3.10.  I also had to downgrade to Scout 1.1.1543 HCT in order to get it to boot.  Will get my serial number and send it to scoutsupport@telenav.com.

• @Telenav Scout Email sent.  Let me know if you need any further information.  Let me know how to proceed.  Thanks.

• Expert
    Expert
    Expert
    Staff member

Thanks @David Quon, email received and we're working on it.

All:

While we are investigating the issue, we have temporarily deactivated the update to v3.3.10.

If you are affected by the crashes, please help us with the investigation. Here's what you can do:

• Make sure your head unit is connected to WiFi when it crashes. That will send a crash report that our engineers can use to diagnose the issue
    • Add your name to this thread, so we can get an idea how many systems are affected
    • Locate your serial number (Android Settings > About machine) and send it to scoutsupport@telenav.com

After that, you can get your Scout back working by doing a factory reset followed by an update. You will get version 2.3.4257 which will work just fine.

thanks much, and apologies for the invonvenience. We are working on a patch.

• @Telenav Scout  Even after downgrading to Scout 1.1.1543 HCT and trying to upgrade again to version 2.3.4257 but after install it still shows v3.3.10 and still crashes.

• Expert
    Expert
    Expert
    Staff member

Hi @David Quon , we have published Scout v3.4.3 and it is safe to upgrade. The root cause of your crashes has been found and fixed.

• @Telenav Scout Upgraded to Scout v3.4.4 without any issues!  Thanks for the help and support!

• Expert
    Expert
    Expert
    Staff member

Excellent, thanks for letting us know @David Quon 

• @Telenav Scout it works!  Thank you!