Incorrect android version in current max10 px6 firmware provided by dasaita! Stuck on Android logo/unusable

• The max 10/px6 firmware provided in the sticky above is mislabeled; it is NOT android 10, it is 11. I downloaded the ota file provided under "max 10/px6/android 10" and did the update, and now my HU is stuck on the android logo, and I can't even get into recovery. It's an android 11 firmware and an error on their part. I've tried every possible sequence to get into recovery via the reset pin and cannot get it to take, so I'm stuck. It powers up, goes to the "11 navigation.." screen, and goes to the android logo.

• 224 / 5.000

Übersetzungsergebnisse

Übersetzung

I have the same problem. But apparently nobody at Dasaita cares that they made a mistake and the affected devices no longer work. Dasaita apparently wants to sell new devices.

• @Dc i have the same issues :(

Please Dasaita help me :(. I love this radio 

• The steps here are:

0) Download a true A10 ota file.

1) Boot into the recovery menu:

Press the reset button and leave pressed unitl the unit resests and boots into the recovery menu (approx...25secs)

2) Perform the update with an Android 10 valid ota file from the recovery menu, from the USB port.

The key here is to boot into the recovery menu. As the boot system is somehow corrupted it is diffcult to achieve this. If the 20-25sec reset press does not work....

1) Remove the Radio fuse of the car and wait 3 min

2) Plug it in again and Start the ACC of the car simultaneosly you are pressing the reset button of the unit until you see the recovery menu.

• @Iker Gomez 
    Tanks i will try this, and what is the true A10 files, if the other is not ok.. 
    For the max 10 px6

Tanks

• I've got the exact same issue. Help!!!

• @Iker Gomez thanks for responding!  I ended up pulling the unit and am trying to fix it on the bench. I've had no luck so far, even with pulling the fuse and all other methods. It looks like I'm going to have to do the otg method and reflash the whole image. Not sure where to find it, but I'll have some time to look shortly.

Do I need anything besides the rockchip tool for this? Does the tool provide the drivers, or do I get them separately? I'll be googling shortly.

Thanks again! 

• @Dc flashing image is some risky. I have experience i had blown one PX6 coreboard. Anyway if you are interested i can share you a full image (PM)

• @Stéphane Gendron try vivid ota file A10.

• @Iker Gomez 

I do both of the step you Said, and hé dont Works :(

"2) Plug it in again and Start the ACC of the car simultaneosly you are pressing the reset button of the unit until you see the recovery menu."

How Much Time toi have to push the reset Burton to enter the recovery menu, i have push 1 minutes ans nothing happens.

Helps me please :( the music is m'y life on car.

Dasaita have a responsibility for the links they publish for their update.

• @Stéphane Gendron the idea is that when unit is completely off....start it with the reset button pressed.  Check that the reset button is pressed as I saw some units in which the button is not well aligned to the pinhole. You have to feel that a button is somehow pressed inside the pinhole

• @Stéphane Gendron are only you the one could not enter into recovery menu? What about the rest of the people with the same issue? Please gents. ... answer here about the success or fail.of the method I described 

• @Iker Gomez Max10 update has been corrected and published 

• @Dc did you succeed?

• If any of this works, the only way to recover the unit is by means of flashing a full Android image through the Rockchip tools like is described in the post of "upgrading to Android 11":

https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/62118/image-update-android-10-to-android-11

For this task a USB-A to USB-A cable is needed.

Then you can flash the firmware.

old, but useful full image Android 10 and Android 11 can be downloaded here:

A10: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dzLWFoXU6QluNRK-MpXzx-p4ZM5E0CJq/view?usp=share_link

A11: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17jHQrkOgDYlKNCGnj500s2StzOhnF1E1/view?usp=sharing

The following Video I made some time ago could serve as reference...

Steps:

1) Download RKDevTool 2.84:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15EXjjZQja0Z24tVMj_9bkmRyp8Ha3x-g/view?usp=sharing

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7b211mr23099yad/Rockchip-AndroidTool_Release_v2.84.rar/file

2) Download Rockchip USB Drivers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lq3qmvAt_bRvml1bvqZsSoSQNMEvmKdT/view?usp=sharing

3) Install Drivers and decompress the RKDevTool:

4) Connect USB-A to USB-A Cable to your Windows PC

5) Put the unit into ADB Mode:

5a) In case the unit is working normally, just go to to Factory Settings and, insted of 126 password, enter ADBON password and the unit will enter into detectable mode (ADB Mode). This is shown into the video included in this post

5b) In case the unit is stuck on logo...you must shut down the unit first (removing fuse from the car for at least 30 seconds). Start the engine while the reset pinhole is pressed....the unit will enter into the maskrom Mode (a flashing mode)

6) Download the desired flash file (A10 or A11). As it is a full flash, it is not dependant on the original Android Version that you had previously. decompress the zip file to obtain the .img flash file.

7) On RKDevTools:

7.1) TAB "Download Image" - Press "Switch" button and check that the unit status will change from ADB Mode to Loader Mode. This mode is the one needed for flashing. In case the unit is detected as Maskrom mode (from 5b) you can flash directly without switching mode.

7.2)TAB "Upgrade Firmware" - Press "Firmware" button and select the img file you want to flash.

7.3)TAB "Upgrade Firmware" - PRess "Upgrade" button and the unit will start to be flashed. wait patiently until the unit rebooted

8) The unit will show an "Erasing" message during 2mins approximately

9) The unit will show the Starting Logo (for the version you flahsed) and will start the boot. This boot is long ... so be patient

10) Your unit is ready over the Android version you selected. You can use any OTA update from the forum FOR THE SAME ANDROID VERSION AS THE ONE YOU FLASHED in order to update to the latest available features. This procedure is the normal one with the update.zip file into the USB drive.

Remember....

A) Never disconnect the USB cable  or switch off unit/PC during flashing, as the coreboard will be completely bricked.

B) installation of Rockhip drivers are necessary for the unit to be detected.

C) Mac/Linux alternative softwares are available but not tested

D) This guideline is completely out of Dasaita recommended procedures for upgrading the unit. I am not any Dasaita staff member nor related with Dasaita. I am just helping others with the expericne i have with these units.

Alternatively, you can use the software and guidelines provided by Dasaita for A11 upgrade on the link of the beginning of this message

Occasionally Some errors could show during the flashing.

Change between USB ports/Computer/USB Cable . 

Link to the mentioned video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uKwx79vk3O18WsFPt1IKsHdZOy5OOg_P/view?usp=sharing

• @Iker Gomez  i have to retry this, tanks to help me

• Hello,
    I need a working image file for my Max 10.
    is there anyone here who can help me? I also had the wrong update installed at the time and now I haven't had a radio in the car for weeks. 😒

Since I can't get into recovery mode either, I would also like to try using the flash tool to get my device operational again.
    Thanks in advance.

• @Frank Krottenmüller what exactly do you need that is not included in my post?

The max10 is a px6 unit with Android 10. So use the provided flash file (img file) for A10 to recover your system.

As you can not enter into recovery ... use the reset button to the unit be detected by the rockchip flash tool aa maskrom device.

• @Iker Gomez Thanks for the answer. I'll try my luck with the flash tool tomorrow. the recovery mode cannot be activated.

• Sorry if I'm annoying again. But how do I get the Dasaita into ADB mode?
    The device is stuck in the start screen when starting and the recovery mode cannot be activated. I have connected the PC to the Dasaita via USB, but the PC does not recognize the device. Although the Rockchip drivers are installed.

• 1 / 2