10.2 MAX10 PX6 Won't Start

• Hey all,

I purchased this unit for my 2015 Toyota Corolla S-Plus in December of 2020 from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RB444C8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has worked perfectly for me since. Maybe a handful of times YouTube or Sirius XM app will shut off - but over the course of 2.5 years owning it, this didn't bother me at all. I have never updated it or done anything to it.

Last weekend I had been driving for about 2-3 minutes. I was running Sirius for music and the unit abbruptly cut out and was skipping on the last note of the previously playing song. At this point, steering wheel controls were also gone, which made sense - the unit appeared to be off.

I got to my destination 5-6 mins later and attempted shutting off car and turning back on, but nothing. The unit wouldn't come on.

Yesterday I checked all relevant fuses and they are all fine. I probed the harness coming to the back of the unit and it is grounded and receiving 12v-14.8v both constant and on car start.

Pressing the RST Button and holding it, the buttons will light up / blink a few times but then nothing after that. I consulted the manual but it says nothing about how to use the RST button. It sounds like all you do is hold it for X time and the unit will reboot. I also attempted totally disconnecting all power to the unit and waiting about 10 minutes, same results.

I noticed there is an SD card in the side of the unit - is it possible that this holds the OS? I am wondering if something on the OS itself is corrupt or something along those lines, but I have no idea. Is it possible to do a software / reformat without the unit being powered up? Like can I just flash some bootdisk and attach it to the unit?

Also worth mentioning, when I pulled the unit out from the dash all the way, I noticed that my ground wire was dangling there. So I'm not sure if it became disconnected when I pulled the unit out from the dash OR if it somehow became disconnected while driving - if so, could that potentially be the root of the issue I'm seeing now?

Just wondering if this is salvagable, I really dig this unit.

Thanks everyone

• UPDATE:

I noticed with my headlights on I can see that the unit button lights come on with key in ignition and once I start the car. They stay on for about 2 minutes and then they shut off for about 5-10 seconds and then back on for 2 more minutes, then back off. It does this 3-4 times and then they just stay off. Not sure if that means anything, but it does appear as though the unit itself is trying to do something?

I also tried plugging in a computer monitor to the HDMI out, but it just said No Signal

• @Nate Sanders We are wondering if you have make the RST procedure accurately and we have sent the tips for you. Please let us know you can see the factory reset. If it works, we will provide update solution. If still no luck, please let us know and we will forward to our engineer for further diagnosing.

• @Support Dasaita I am able to press and hear/feel the rst button click. The button lights then flash/blink but nothing happens after that. Are there any other steps I should be doing when attempting to reset? Like should I be removing the power cable / fuse or something before I try it? Currently the screen shows nothing and it appears as though the unit just powers off after the button lights flash/blink.

• @Nate Sanders You should try to cut the power and reconnect, here is the istruction.

1) Remove the Radio fuse of the car and wait 3 min

2) Plug it in again and Start the ACC of the car simultaneously you are pressing the reset button of the unit until you see the recovery menu.